Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 84

Thread: Who is/was our worst QB: Riley, Longshore, Ayoob, or Vedder? I say Ayoob.

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantomfan View Post
    For those that dont know:
    Click his name
    Click the drop down menu "user lists"
    Select "ignore user"
    The confirm.
    Thanks, I forgot you could do that. My Ignore List has a new, and sole, member. Life's too short to waste time reading angry ravings of small people.

  2. #32
    Active Bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    141
    Why write these hurtful things? These are Cal players who presumably did as well as they could, and you attack them behind a fictitious name. Not very courageous!

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Lee View Post
    You know as well as I do that quarterbacks are judged by their performances in crunchtime, not by their performances in the 1st quarter.

    When the game is on the line, the QB needs to deliver. It would be one thing if Kevin Riley had just overthrown a receiver or had a pass batted down. What he did was a brain freeze of epic proportions. Running for the end zone and getting tackled at like the 5 yard line (not even close to scoring) without any timeouts left and the game ticking away?? And then picking up the ball and running away with it toward the sideline?

    That's a panic job and a monumental chokejob in Cal's biggest game that season and biggest opportunity to join the elite football clubs in years, maybe decades. You can forgive and forget. I won't. It would be hysterical if it hadn't been so horrendously awful.
    That was NOT our biggest game that season.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by pappysghost View Post
    I still think Riley is the best of that bunch.
    He is not. Longshore was clearly better than Riley.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Lee View Post
    You know as well as I do that quarterbacks are judged by their performances in crunchtime, not by their performances in the 1st quarter.

    When the game is on the line, the QB needs to deliver. It would be one thing if Kevin Riley had just overthrown a receiver or had a pass batted down. What he did was a brain freeze of epic proportions. Running for the end zone and getting tackled at like the 5 yard line (not even close to scoring) without any timeouts left and the game ticking away?? And then picking up the ball and running away with it toward the sideline?

    That's a panic job and a monumental chokejob in Cal's biggest game that season and biggest opportunity to join the elite football clubs in years, maybe decades. You can forgive and forget. I won't. It would be hysterical if it hadn't been so horrendously awful.
    There is a reason it's called a "freshman mistake." Keep in mind that it was his first start since high school (where, since the game is slower, he may have been able to make the necessary yardage).

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsroll View Post
    .
    "Ban him?" I hope you're kidding. Are you also in favor of burning books you don't like?

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by MinotStateBeav View Post
    These threads are getting old..
    I agree with your sentiments.

    What kind of dolt rags on kids who played a game for fun (none of these guys made the pros) years ago. I'm proud of everyone who has donned the Blue and Gold and played for my Alma Mater. I've seen every home game for for almost 50 years and read of their predecessors. Excellent young men, all of them.

    These unhealthy obsessions belong elsewhere. Here we should celebrate our team, lament losses, relive victories, anticipate the future.

    We are Sons of California, a Loyal Company.

  8. #38
    no bear
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    London or Singapore, and rarely Berkeley, depends on the week
    Posts
    285
    In a what have you done for me lately world, Super Stinky K Riley is the worst, followed by Aboob.

  9. #39
    no bear
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    London or Singapore, and rarely Berkeley, depends on the week
    Posts
    285
    Amended, upon further recollection (Vedder = Aboob = (Riley/(Super K/Super Stink)) < Levy < Longsuck < Robertson <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Rodgers <<<<<<Maynard (Hopefully)).


    If Maynard > Rodgers = BCS National Championship for the Golden Bears! = Can I get a hot tub!?!
    Last edited by DaveLibbey; 10-11-2010 at 02:57 AM.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveLibbey View Post
    Amended, upon further recollection (Vedder = Aboob = (Riley/(Super K/Super Stink)) < Levy < Longsuck < Robertson <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Rodgers <<<<<<Maynard (Hopefully)).


    If Maynard > Rodgers = BCS National Championship for the Golden Bears! = Can I get a hot tub!?!
    How classy of you to trash our Golden Bear quarterbacks like they killed your dog.

  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveLibbey View Post
    Amended, upon further recollection (Vedder = Aboob = (Riley/(Super K/Super Stink)) < Levy < Longsuck < Robertson <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Rodgers <<<<<<Maynard (Hopefully)).


    If Maynard > Rodgers = BCS National Championship for the Golden Bears! = Can I get a hot tub!?!
    cut it out

  12. #42
    True Blue Golden Bear Phantomfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13,993
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveLibbey View Post
    This message is hidden because DaveLibbey is on your ignore list.
    I like these threads because it shows me who to add to my ignore list.

    Ignore list; +1.

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO_Bear View Post
    Why write these hurtful things? These are Cal players who presumably did as well as they could, and you attack them behind a fictitious name. Not very courageous!
    +1. Not to mention that none of these kids are getting paid, unlike their USC counterparts. (And the money that you lost on Cal when they screwed up isn't the same thing as a salary.) Plus Ayoob wasn't even supposed to be the starter in 2005.

    I'd love to hear someone justify what good comes out of courageously calling out our Cal QBs, other than "it lets me vent my frustrations about living in my parents' basement."

    Anyone who seriously responded to this thread is guilty of silently endorsing this kind of asshattery.

  14. #44

    Actually, J Torchio

    In my time watching Bears football, Torchio was the worst, followed closely by Ayoob. Riley is slowly approaching Ayoob territory... I hope he doesn't make it all the way there this season.

  15. #45
    You go on and keep being sarcastic. Was hoping for more from a Cal fan.
    Last edited by blungld; 10-11-2010 at 11:41 AM.
    ~The Bear will not quilt. The Bear will not dye.~

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •