Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: ASU Game thread

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elpbear View Post
    True. Still a questionable call.

Allen has such amazing vision. Dude just makes holes open up out of nowhere.
    That CAL-I-FOR-NIA chant sounded like a dirge.

Nice touch on that screen pass by Riley to Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by elpbear View Post
    BS block in the back call, that was on his shoulder.
    That's a pretty standard penalty call though. Its one of those that a ref will often call. Especially as it was late in the play and there was nothing else going on.

Its a bit of an overcall, as I don't think it had an effect on the play itself, but technically it was the correct call.

not much Riley could have done there

I know I'm not the only one, but I'm not a fan of Isi. Doesn't have the lethal speed to compensate for his microscopic size.

Quote Originally Posted by BestisBeast View Post
    not much Riley could have done there
    NOthing other than what he tried to do. He tried to get the defender into the air so he'd have time to dodge and throw the ball away, but the ASU player managed to keep with the play.

This is what Riley has to work on. He rolls out near the goal line, pass rush is heavy, has Miller open early at the 5 yard line, decides to see if another option is available. Takes a 15 yard sack.

Quote Originally Posted by atticus View Post
    I know I'm not the only one, but I'm not a fan of Isi. Doesn't have the lethal speed to compensate for his microscopic size.
    I haven't figured out why the coaches love him so much. He's not blisteringly fast, he's not as strong as jacquizz, and he's not as shifty as he really needs to be. He's a decent straight ahead runner, but for that you can use a bigger back like Deboskie or Yarnway.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    This is what Riley has to work on. He rolls out near the goal line, pass rush is heavy, has Miller open early at the 5 yard line, decides to see if another option is available. Takes a 15 yard sack.
    he would have thrown it right into the hands of the defender that was chasing him like last week

Quote Originally Posted by mvargus View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that when Galas is in playing center the O-line gets a push up the middle, with Guarnero as the center the blocking in the center of the line is horrible. I'd love to see Galas play the rest of the game.
    Guarnero gets pushed around.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    What parallel dimension are you watching the game in?

Riley had no time to do much of anything other than eat the ball, and avoid getting stripped.

Quote Originally Posted by BestisBeast View Post
    he would have thrown it right into the hands of the defender that was chasing him like last week
    I almost lost it at the bar I was in when I saw that. Dude was basically 6'7 and like 500 pounds and Riley tossed it right to him to try and complete a pass to the 5'9 reciever behind him. Unbelievable.

43-10

Okay, it's Sweeny time. Hopefully. Riley has played well, we're up 43-10, it's the 4th quarter.

C'mon, Jeff. Make the call.

For a team that's not very good at the fade, we sure like to run it a lot