Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MB, which recruits were in town today?

They've had a lot of success with big recruiting weekends after the season and that's the plan for the December visit weekend.

True, the gameday experience is a real plus if it's a good win but they have so much less time to spend with the visiting players, too, so it's a double-edged sword.

I don't like the risk of doing it on the weekend a top opponent visits. It's too risky, IMO, and not a big enough tradeoff in benefits if they win to risk the loss like last year vs. SC.

The recruits have responded very favorably to the big visit weekends during bowl prep and the coaches and players are really able to focus on them and spend time with them so as many as were okay with doing it on a non-gameday weekend will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    They've had a lot of success with big recruiting weekends after the season and that's the plan for the December visit weekend.

True, the gameday experience is a real plus if it's a good win but they have so much less time to spend with the visiting players, too, so it's a double-edged sword.

I don't like the risk of doing it on the weekend a top opponent visits. It's too risky, IMO, and not a big enough tradeoff in benefits if they win to risk the loss like last year vs. SC.

The recruits have responded very favorably to the big visit weekends during bowl prep and the coaches and players are really able to focus on them and spend time with them so as many as were okay with doing it on a non-gameday weekend will be there.
    Have any recruits ever intimated (or strongly implied) to you that after visiting during a big loss, they were no longer interested in Cal?

I'm thinking that after USC '09 there were a couple kids like Uko who discarded what interest he had in Cal after watching that game live and seeing the fan discontentment.

Does anybody know who still has visits planned for the remaining home games besides the last big group?

Quote Originally Posted by CGB2813 View Post
    Have any recruits ever intimated (or strongly implied) to you that after visiting during a big loss, they were no longer interested in Cal?

I'm thinking that after USC '09 there were a couple kids like Uko who discarded what interest he had in Cal after watching that game live and seeing the fan discontentment.
    Uko was at Cal that weekend? I'm pretty sure he visited earlier
    http://www.trojannyc.com/2009/09/rec...sc-leader.html

Quote Originally Posted by CGB2813 View Post

Didn't Cassius Marsh (not that we care) change his commitment after the U$C game last year??? Something about not wanting to be part of that, blah, blah, blah

I wonder how he is enjoying himself down there in Westwood...... LOOL

No, he'd decommitted way back in May.

The players visiting were Marsh, OO, Jefferson, James, King, Ward, Seastrunk, Parker and commits Hinder, Carter and Whiteside.

King ended up committing later and Cal was in it till late with Parker and Jefferson. It may have hurt with OO, James and Ward. It may have led to commits from some of those guys if it went really well, too.