Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MB, which recruits were in town today?

MB, which recruits were in town today?

I think the rain worked in our favor as far as the way the game played out, but it would've been nice for recruits to see a blowout win in nicer weather with a likely bigger crowd.

jalen jefferson was present, he committed!

Jefferson and Flavin on officials, Barr, Armstead ('12) and Kline ('12) were the visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Jefferson and Flavin on officials, Barr, Armstead ('12) and Kline ('12) were the visitors.

So Barr wasn't on an official? Interesting... so he flew up on his own dime? Has he taken an official to Cal yet? Cal must be high on his list.

Cal's very high on his list. This is his second unofficial visit. He'll likely take his official the first weekend of December with the big group.

Cal's very high on his list. This is his second unofficial visit. He'll likely take his official the first weekend of December with the big group.
    Very nice!!! Who is in this group coming in December?

armstead as in arik armstead?

I wish Kline was a senior. I love his mechanics. I think he will be the real deal.

Rodgers, Harris, Bigelow, Lasco, Ervin, Boehm, Rigsbee, Moose, Moala, Barr, Ekpre-Oloma, Sample, Frost, Scarlett and Lyerla are amongst those talking about coming then.

Is Brandon Wright still on the radar?

Rodgers, Harris, Bigelow, Lasco, Ervin, Boehm, Rigsbee, Moose, Moala, Barr, Ekpre-Oloma, Sample, Frost, Scarlett and Lyerla are amongst those talking about coming then.
    I hope they come for the UW game.

Where do we stand for the junior RB from Valley Christian in San Jose, Byron Marshall? I read that both Stanfrod and Cal have offered. I know that Harbaugh has mined the South Bay WCAL schools for an RB before when they signed Usua Amanam. Any word on the 2012 RBs we're targeting besides him (Shaq Thompson is still an ATH right)? Thanks again.

wow....

incredible ... awesome blend of commits, highly interested and strongly considering

Quote Originally Posted by stanfurdbites View Post
    incredible ... awesome blend of commits, highly interested and strongly considering
    Exactly what I was thinking. All realistic possibilies too. It would be even better if we had a Pac 10 Championship on the line. I will root for USC to run the table and us of course.

Here's a recruiting question based on your expertise, MB.

Obviously it would be ideal to bring in a recruit when the weather is great, the stadium is packed, it's a great opponent, and of course, we win while executing the gameplan perfectly.

But in the case of this year, where game results (and now attendance) are unpredictable at best, would it be advantageous for the "big group" (esp. the Grant kids who have taken unofficials or watched games here before) to take their officials AFTER the regular season (during Bowl week prep)? Or is that too late?

For example, I still think anything can happen against Oregon and Furd, but would you rather the "big group" of recruits come to a packed stadium but at the possible expense of losing big (like USC '09), OR would you rather them come for a UCLA-type game, where the media coverage/attendance might be slightly less concentrated, but JT is really able to have his schemes shine?