Thread: Article on Colt Lyerla (recruit)

Article on Colt Lyerla (recruit)

Small snippet on Colt Lyerla setting up visits. Looks like Cal and Ohio St. trying to secure late ones. Personally don't think we have a real shot to pull him out of Oregon..but ya never know.

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.c...ov-5-6-at-usc/

edit : Lyerla's Hillsboro squad is beating a good Tigard team 41-7 with 11min left in the 4th.

Lyerla's very interested in Cal. Oregon and OSU don't seem to have a real edge with him.

The only reason I feel its going to be tough to get Lyerla..is having lived here...it seems the whole state (UO and OSU fans) really seem to want this kid badly. Moreso than other instate recruits from the past. I just get the feeling there is a TON of pressure on the kid to stay in state. I mean..thats my feeling anyway..but who really knows? Who thought we had a real shot at DeSean amirite?

Conversely, when I was coaching, we played Hillsboro when we took our kids to W. Oregon Football camp. He was head and shoulders above any player at the camp. You could see he was a D1 prospect when he was a Freshman.
    Last edited by MinotStateBeav; 10-29-2010 at 11:29 PM.

I've seen him play both football and hoops in person and he is quite a gifted athlete. Minot - PM me. I want to chat about him off of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MinotStateBeav View Post
    The only reason I feel its going to be tough to get Lyerla..is having lived here...it seems the whole state (UO and OSU fans) really seem to want this kid badly. Moreso than other instate recruits from the past. I just get the feeling there is a TON of pressure on the kid to stay in state. I mean..thats my feeling anyway..but who really knows? Who thought we had a real shot at DeSean amirite?

Conversely, when I was coaching, we played Hillsboro when we took our kids to W. Oregon Football camp. He was head and shoulders above any player at the camp. You could see he was a D1 prospect when he was a Freshman.
    Remember when Gabe King was a UO lock?