Thread: sitting in Section PP

sitting in Section PP

Not kidding, I was a new alum and in grad school, sitting in the visitor section with a freind from grad school, who also was a Furd undegrad. I had written him a check for the bet, which is now in halfs and framed. Somewhere accross the stadium, in the good visitor's seats, was this blond chick dressed in red and white who later became Mrs. Furd. She still swears to this day that see saw one of players knees touch. Me, I saw very little of the play from my vantage point, just a lot of chaos. Somewhat ironic. Also, given where I was sitting, I didn't rush the field. I still get goose bumps listening to Starkey's call of The Play and recalling I was there for (but really didn't see the best parts) of The Play.

I was there

I was sitting in the North end zone, almost as far away as you could be from where Cal scored the touchdown at the other end with time run out. From that vantage point I could see that Stanford's team had run onto the field too early, and there were yellow penalty flags all over the field. I had not realized until later that the Stanford Band was also on the field.

As far as the knee touching, I watched replays endless times, and it's very very close. Could have been called either way. As it is, Cal wins, and it becomes one of the greatest plays in college football history.

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wifeisafurd View Post
    Not kidding, I was a new alum and in grad school, sitting in the visitor section with a freind from grad school, who also was a Furd undegrad. I had written him a check for the bet, which is now in halfs and framed. Somewhere accross the stadium, in the good visitor's seats, was this blond chick dressed in red and white who later became Mrs. Furd. She still swears to this day that see saw one of players knees touch. Me, I saw very little of the play from my vantage point, just a lot of chaos. Somewhat ironic. Also, given where I was sitting, I didn't rush the field. I still get goose bumps listening to Starkey's call of The Play and recalling I was there for (but really didn't see the best parts) of The Play.
    Great story. I think it hilarious that you call your wife Mrs. Furd. Lmao. What does she call you I wonder (assuming she posted on the Furd site)?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCGOBEARS View Post
    Great story. I think it hilarious that you call your wife Mrs. Furd. Lmao. What does she call you I wonder (assuming she posted on the Furd site)?
    Sir-furd