Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 74

Thread: Will we sell out Memorial this Saturday?

  1. #1
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,651

    Will we sell out Memorial this Saturday?

    Screw the Ducks. Time to knock off #1. You want JT to nad up? How about we nad up first? It's time for JT to channel Joe Kapp (can you channel people that are living)? I hope everyone does their best to go to the game with plenty of others.
    Last edited by KoreAmBear; 11-06-2010 at 05:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Screw the Ducks. Time to knock off #1. You want JT to nad up? How about we nad up first? It's time for JT to channel Joe Kapp (can you channel people that are living)? I hope everyone does their best to go to the game with plenty of others.
    Why is there more expected of the fans than the coach? We don't get paid.

  3. #3
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Down10go4two View Post
    Why is there more expected of the fans than the coach? We don't get paid.
    I really don't care. This is not about JT. If you don't care about this, move on.

  4. #4
    Right on KAB! Next week could be the defining game.....not for JT (psych!) but for the Cal fanbase!

  5. #5
    Stop being delusional with these types of posts. What are you trying to get out of a post like this?

  6. #6
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,651
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears28 View Post
    Stop being delusional with these types of posts. What are you trying to get out of a post like this?
    Hey I'm still with our team and I think it would be beautiful to see a packed Memorial two weeks in a row. If you don't like it, move on. You don't even need to read it -- that's the beauty of message boards.

  7. #7
    You tell'em KAB...

    I think we'll get around 65k but no sellout. It's going to be a tough game...

  8. #8
    Loyal Bear mbBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bala Cynwyd, Pa. (near Philly)
    Posts
    4,292
    wish I wasn't on the East Coast...its nice to see a rallying post!
    For the less spirited, try this: attendance means money, money means power...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Down10go4two View Post
    Why is there more expected of the fans than the coach? We don't get paid.
    Amen brother!

    And referencing another poster's comments - this thread is delusional.

    If you build a good product, they will come......back.

  10. #10
    Nice if there is a sellout, but actually having a full stadium won't happen. We are going to be destroyed next Saturday. I have a trial starting Monday. I can't interrupt witness prep for a bad loss. That just doesn't work on any level.

  11. #11
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,651
    Quote Originally Posted by philly1121 View Post
    Amen brother!

    And referencing another poster's comments - this thread is delusional.

    If you build a good product, they will come......back.
    Don't go then. It's your choice. And no, I didn't say you weren't a fan. I'm just saying it's your choice. And some of us may be delusional - but that's why they play the games. You just never know. No matter what, it's always nice when Memorial is packed. And that could help.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979bear View Post
    Nice if there is a sellout, but actually having a full stadium won't happen. We are going to be destroyed next Saturday. I have a trial starting Monday. I can't interrupt witness prep for a bad loss. That just doesn't work on any level.
    I guess it doesn't work on the level of fairweather fans...

    I wish I could make it to the Oregon game, our guys will need all the support they can get. At this point I'm hoping to fly in 3,000mi for the Big Game.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979bear View Post
    Nice if there is a sellout, but actually having a full stadium won't happen. We are going to be destroyed next Saturday. I have a trial starting Monday. I can't interrupt witness prep for a bad loss. That just doesn't work on any level.
    Hopefully you won't be wasting any space in the stadium with such a great attitude. You should consider getting into the motivational speech business.

  14. #14
    Golden Bear freshfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SODA Hall Showers
    Posts
    5,200
    As fans, half of you here can go blow a donkey. Where's the love for our bears? Now I've learned there is a difference between a "casual fan" and a "fair-weather fan."

    I'm going. Hell yeah. OK OK I'll admit the truth. My friend gave me his ticket. But I'm going to make the trip and spend the time to watch them regardless. Whoever comes with me, TOP DOG's on me. (OK OK I'm lying. Buy your own kielbasa.)

    I hope we get a good showing. We need to show our football team some love and support.

  15. #15
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,651
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfunk View Post
    As fans, half of you here can go blow a donkey. Where's the love for our bears? Now I've learned there is a difference between a "casual fan" and a "fair-weather fan."

    I'm going. Hell yeah. OK OK I'll admit the truth. My friend gave me his ticket. But I'm going to make the trip and spend the time to watch them regardless. Whoever comes with me, TOP DOG's on me. (OK OK I'm lying. Buy your own kielbasa.)

    I hope we get a good showing. We need to show our football team some love and support.
    That's the spirit. Tennessee is a moribund team right now. They still sell out every game. It's still an event that's bigger than just how the teams are doing that day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •