Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the Offense have 38 points in them?

Active Bear

Does the Offense have 38 points in them?

The way I see it is if the D plays their best game of the season they could reasonably hold Oregon to around 35. If we play the best we can play I firmly believe we are the best Defense Oregon has faced all year, but the question remains.. Does Cal have a reasonable chance to throw up 38 points?

Edit: If Thomas or James gets injured the number goes down to around 21
    Last edited by bearster; 11-08-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Real Bear
    This feels like a very bad matchup for our D. We looked lost against Nevada and their very mobile QB. We looked great against UCLA, but their QB is not a strong running threat. Wazzu had some success running the option against us. I expect Oregon to march up and down the field and exploit our OLBs (particularly Browner) and our inability to contain the QB to the outside. Thomas is an excellent runner. We will need turnovers to hold them under 40, and I don't expect we will score more than 20.

It is possible that Oregon will be flat. But they have shown a ability to take a half off and then score a games worth of points in a quarter.

at home, yes. we can score points on oregon, they're no better on D than UCLA or ASU talentwise

The Duck D, or team to be more exact, has allowed over 30 points to 3 Pac-10 teams, and 23 to the Cougs. They are out-scoring their opponents, and easily. With this being a home game, under the lights, against #1, I feel that we can get at least 30 points also. We've racked-up some nice point totals at home, and without the benefit of a solid passing game...

I'm cautiously optimistic.
    The University of California - One of the finest universities in the world, is the oldest public university in our great state with origins dating back to 1855, and university status granted in 1868. Go Bears!

Quote Originally Posted by Cal89 View Post
    The Duck D, or team to be more exact, has allowed over 30 points to 3 Pac-10 teams, and 23 to the Cougs. They are out-scoring their opponents, and easily. With this being a home game, under the lights, against #1, I feel that we can get at least 30 points also. We've racked-up some nice point totals at home, and without the benefit of a solid passing game...

I'm cautiously optimistic.
    again, moneyline on Cal paying 10:1 doesn't sound so bad does it?

Real Bear
    38 points? You ARE kidding. Oregon has a better chance at 70 than we do at 38. Neither will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SadbutTrue999 View Post
    again, moneyline on Cal paying 10:1 doesn't sound so bad does it?
    Agree, 10 to 1 seem like very good odds. I'd give us a 15-20% chance to pull the upset. A pretty good bet if one is not risk averse...

Our offense has SERIOUS problems. SERIOUS. We can't score. I don't know how this game will be any different.

I don't think so.

We will score around 20 against Quacks IMO if things are going well with Mansion.

Our D is capable of keeping Quacks around 20s if we win the special teams battle, but with our shaky special teams play lately, keeping them under 30 points will be difficult.

Plus, I think their stud CB is the next DeSean Jackson when it comes to punt returns. Wouldn't surprise me if he returned one on Sat.

No. The only way I see us winning is if we keep them under 24 points, which is unlikely.

Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by bearster View Post
    The way I see it is if the D plays their best game of the season they could reasonably hold Oregon to around 35. If we play the best we can play I firmly believe we are the best Defense Oregon has faced all year, but the question remains.. Does Cal have a reasonable chance to throw up 38 points?

Edit: If Thomas or James gets injured the number goes down to around 21
    38 points? Hmmm? Do you mean in one game or over the rest of the season?

no bear
    uhh...can Cal offense ahahaa score ahh ahhhhh 38 points ....AHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA.....well let's say
    Cal did score 38 points then that would mean that
    Oregon put in 3rd and 4th stringers after their first
    unit scored ...oh say...0ver 60 points......
    Last edited by Blueblood; 11-09-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Loyal Bear
    In a word--no. Besides, I think we would have to score about 50 points to win, and our offense won't even come close to that.

Golden Bear
    If the defense scores twice and we get a punt return for a TD I think we might find 38 if we can get a turn over or two in the red zone.

Real Bear
    38 points! For a second I thought I must of ended up on the basketball board somehow. Our basketball team could definitely score 38 points on their basketball team.