Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Allen Crabbe, Cal's version of George Gervin?

  1. #1
    True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chelsea Drugstore, standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
    Posts
    7,811

    Allen Crabbe, Cal's version of George Gervin?

    I realize Sonoma State is the equivalent of the Washington Generals, but you gotta love a 6'6 guard with a sweet 3J. I think he is "as advertised." He is going to be really fun to watch. Solomon and Murray are studs too. I think Bak is better than Max. Go Bears!

  2. #2
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,615
    Quote Originally Posted by bearister View Post
    I realize Sonoma State is the equivalent of the Washington Generals, but you gotta love a 6'6 guard with a sweet 3J. I think he is "as advertised." He is going to be really fun to watch. Solomon and Murray are studs too. I think Bak is better than Max. Go Bears!
    Thurman may be better than Max, overall, LOL.

    I really liked what I saw from Franklin, Jr.. He looked like a solid 2 guard.

  3. #3

    Iceman!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bearister View Post
    I realize Sonoma State is the equivalent of the Washington Generals, but you gotta love a 6'6 guard with a sweet 3J. I think he is "as advertised." He is going to be really fun to watch. Solomon and Murray are studs too. I think Bak is better than Max. Go Bears!
    Great analogy!!!

  4. #4
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,615
    Quote Originally Posted by bearister View Post
    I realize Sonoma State is the equivalent of the Washington Generals, but you gotta love a 6'6 guard with a sweet 3J. I think he is "as advertised." He is going to be really fun to watch. Solomon and Murray are studs too. I think Bak is better than Max. Go Bears!
    Why did Crabbe do a finger roll? No one does that anymore.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Why did Crabbe do a finger roll? No one does that anymore.
    No, no finger roll.

    I was thinking the better comparison would be with Josh Childress, sans fro.

    I doubt Crabbe is going to have too many more 4-4 3pt and 6-6 ft in about 20-min nights, but he is going to be a good one before he leaves Cal.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Civil Bear View Post
    I was thinking the better comparison would be with Josh Childress, sans fro.
    Childress was more of an athletic slasher than shooter.

  8. #8
    All four trips to the free-throw line were caused by Crabbe slashing to the basket. The kid moved well off the ball too.

    Crabbe may be a better outside shooter at this point in their careers, but from what I saw last night, both have similar games.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Civil Bear View Post
    All four trips to the free-throw line were caused by Crabbe slashing to the basket.
    Getting to the rim vs. Sonoma State is a little easier than getting to the rim vs. Pac 10 competition. For now, shooting is much more his game.

  10. #10
    Yes, the Sonoma St game is the only game I have had a chance to see him play. Other than that, the only thing I had to go on is reports that it wasn't until he started adding elements to his game like attacking the rim and rebounding that his stock boomed.

    You make it sound like Crabbe prefers to just hang out by the perimeter. What games or reports are you basing that on?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Civil Bear View Post
    Yes, the Sonoma St game is the only game I have had a chance to see him play. Other than that, the only thing I had to go on is reports that it wasn't until he started adding elements to his game like attacking the rim and rebounding that his stock boomed.
    Yeah, but I don't base my opinion based on what very good high school players can do to other not-as-good high school players either. That's just as useful as making judgments based on exhibition games vs. weak collegiate opponents.

    You make it sound like Crabbe prefers to just hang out by the perimeter. What games or reports are you basing that on?
    Watching him play against comparable talent.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Down10go4two View Post
    Watching him play against comparable talent.
    What games were those?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Civil Bear View Post
    What games were those?
    Same games you watched

  14. #14
    True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chelsea Drugstore, standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
    Posts
    7,811
    I remember how impressed I was the first time I saw Lamond Murray play a few minutes in an exhibition game for Cal. He delivered on the potential that I saw. I was even more impressed with Crabbe's debut. I have a very hard time believing that he will not become a great player for Cal.

  15. #15
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,615
    Quote Originally Posted by bearister View Post
    I remember how impressed I was the first time I saw Lamond Murray play a few minutes in an exhibition game for Cal. He delivered on the potential that I saw. I was even more impressed with Crabbe's debut. I have a very hard time believing that he will not become a great player for Cal.
    I know this is different but remember Nick Van Der Laan's first game for us? It was at the Top of the Rim Alaskan tournament and he had like 17 and 10 v. Oklahoma. We thought he was going to be a BIG TIME stud. Oh well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •