Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: How many Stanford fans will show up on Saturday?

  1. #1

    How many Stanford fans will show up on Saturday?

    I'll guess 15K. Pretty sad.

    Meanwhile Cal will have have well over 50K.

  2. #2
    Golden Bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nowhere, Inparticular
    Posts
    6,742

    Not even close to 15k

    The last few games at CAL they've barely brought 7K or so. They return huge numbers of tickets. They simply don't have a fan base anymore and they certainly don't have a fanbase with the backbone to trek up to Berkeley. They're pathetic.

    It's sad actually. It used to be a great site to the solid blue and gold section of Memorial meet the red and white section... something very cool about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by BearBones View Post
    I'll guess 15K. Pretty sad.

    Meanwhile Cal will have have well over 50K.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by xultaif View Post
    The last few games at CAL they've barely brought 7K or so. They return huge numbers of tickets. They simply don't have a fan base anymore and they certainly don't have a fanbase with the backbone to trek up to Berkeley. They're pathetic.

    It's sad actually. It used to be a great site to the solid blue and gold section of Memorial meet the red and white section... something very cool about that.
    I would be surprised if they brought more than 5k to be honest, which I agree with you, would still be more than I can stomach.


  4. #4
    Its interesting - I went on StubHub yesterday and they have or had almost 1,000 tickets on their site. And I'm not talking about endzone seats - some of those are in the Cal Donor seating at $160 a piece.

    It is supposed to rain on Saturday - that will likely figure into the attendance.

  5. #5
    no bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    21,630
    when in doubt assume furd fans wont show up. remember they didn't even sell out big game at their stadium the year they were going to the rose bowl.

  6. #6
    I am thinking 5k at the most! Stanford people absolutely hate walking around Berkeley - Watch them on Telegraph clutching each other - it is hilarious..they appear stiff, awkward, and totally out of place (well, they are!). In addtion, the visitor's section seating at Memorial isn't exactly a comfort zone for wine and cheese tasting! Being 7 point favorites and coupled with the rain - they will be invisible..oh, and by the way, most Stanford "fans" (if there is such a thing) would never consider even entering a Port-a-Potty..

  7. #7
    Yeah I was about to say the same thing. Does anyone get the impression Furd fans think of Berkeley on gameday as some kind of out-of-control savage wilderness?

    (Which is actually true, but only as much as any other normal college town on gameday, something Furd fans will never understand in a million years)

    One of my Furd co-workers said she's never been to a Big Game at Berkeley because she was afraid she'd get shanked for wearing Furd red. I had to point out we were talking about Berkeley, not the prison yard in "Oz".

  8. #8
    no bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    21,630
    i've heard many furd fans clame they used to go to big game, but didn't return because of the cal fan treatment. what a bunch of garbage.

  9. #9
    Golden Bear freshfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SODA Hall Showers
    Posts
    5,019
    Quote Originally Posted by 510Bear View Post
    Does anyone get the impression Furd fans think of Berkeley on gameday as some kind of out-of-control savage wilderness?
    lol. Have you walked down frat row during game day? ;P

    What's interesting are the signs of the times. I think when I was in school you heard more west coast rap or rock. These days it's like walking into a rave.

  10. #10
    I hope we sell out the stadium regardless of how small the visitor contingent is...

  11. #11
    Both of the Stan. fans will show up, if the weather is clear!
    Go Bears!

  12. #12
    Golden Bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nowhere, Inparticular
    Posts
    6,742

    I call bullshyt - 66 donor seats available

    I just went to stubhub. There are almost NO seats available in donor section and meanwhile there are large chunks of seats available in what should be Stanford Sections.

    There are 66 seats available in what could charitably be called donor seating, even though many of those are in lower rows which are "add-on" donor seats.

    Meanwhile, in section KK there is a block of 20 tickets available. In Section PP tehre is a block of 10. Sectoin W has a block of 25 (clearly a speculative purchaser)... etc...

    This total misrepresentation of something so incredibliy innocuous as ticket availability is what shows (along with their posting history) some posters clearly have an agenda.

    Quote Originally Posted by philly1121 View Post
    Its interesting - I went on StubHub yesterday and they have or had almost 1,000 tickets on their site. And I'm not talking about endzone seats - some of those are in the Cal Donor seating at $160 a piece.

    It is supposed to rain on Saturday - that will likely figure into the attendance.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal88 View Post
    I hope we sell out the stadium regardless of how small the visitor contingent is...
    Looking on Calbears.com, best available seats are section WW, row 71. Beyond that there are seats available in the first 18 rows of W and first 26 rows of WW, and nowhere else. That says only about 500 tickets are left for sale.

    However, I'm not sure if one can buy the first few rows on the west side as someone from the general public, or only as a major donor.

  14. #14
    25,000--just like all the other visiting teams claim they'll have. In reality I'd say 5-7,000.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by xultaif View Post
    This total misrepresentation of something so incredibliy innocuous as ticket availability is what shows (along with their posting history) some posters clearly have an agenda.
    Thanks, dude! This board has way too much football discussion and not enough poster vs. poster stuff, which is what everyone really wants to read. In fact, when I was driving to work today, I was thinking about where things currently stand in the War Between the BI Posters and who would get the upper hand.

    Keep up the good work. Maybe every thread can be appropriately "redirected". Then this will be the best board on the interwebz!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •