View Poll Results: Do you want Stanford to go to the Rose Bowl this year?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 30.28%
  • No

76 69.72%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you want Stanford to go to the Rose Bowl?

Do you want Stanford to go to the Rose Bowl?

This is not to say that it would be some fantasy come true for you, but given that we have already played, do you want them to win this weekend and have things fall into place for them to go to Pasadena on 1/1/11?

hell no. if they went to the sugar bowl or another BCS bowl I wouldn't mind though.

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. Bearacus View Post
    This is not to say that it would be some fantasy come true for you, but given that we have already played, do you want them to win this weekend and have things fall into place for them to go to Pasadena on 1/1/11?
    We're in Year 9 of Tedford and our wildest dream has yet to be fulfilled.

And yet, Harbaugh with an overall more terrible record is there in 4!!!!

Oh no, I think if that happens, January 1st will actually kill several of our fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post
    hell no. if they went to the sugar bowl or another BCS bowl I wouldn't mind though.
    I don't even want that (although I realize the extra money would be nice for the program).

As much as I hate the Furd I also hate us whining about them going to the RB.. if they earned it then why not...maybe it will be more of an impetus for change around here.....I'm not a Hairball fan at all but if he, and Chip Kelly and hell, even Lane Kiffy whom I DESPISE can have these seasons and go to BCS bowls, (SC notwithstanding) then why can't we?.... hell, if the Furd going to the RB makes it a done deal for Cal to finally wake up (JT and Sandy) and smell the coffee, then not only do I want them to go, I want them to win.....for Cal's sake

About as much as I'd like to get kicked in the balls.

Here's a question...if someone told you in either 2004 or 2006, right after we finished crushing a woeful Furd team, that they would get to the Rose Bowl before us, what would you say?

If all goes according to what I think is going to happen, I still think Boise State is going to the Rose Bowl as the non-AQ at-large choice since the PAC-10 champ (Oregon) will be playing in the NC game and the RB is obligated this year to take the highest-ranked non-AQ as the at-large selection

I strongly believe that Boise State will leap-frog TCU if/when they beat Nevada and become the highest-ranked non-AQ team. Just wait and see.

As a traditional hater of the non-AQs (except for Hawaii), I have come to accept the strong possibility that the above scenario is destined/bound to happen for Boise State.

Meanwhile, Stanford is left out and playing in whatever non-BCS Bowl takes them.

The Big-10 is NOT sending a team to the NC and that's why their one-loss Champ (most likely Wisconsin) is slotted to go to the Rose Bowl this year.

If Oregon lose to the OSU Beibers, they will be out of the NC game and they will go to the RB based on their head-to-head win (tie-breaker) over the Trees as PAC-10 Champ.

However, I welcome any BCS-qualification info contrary to my understanding. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think that is what is going to happen.

If it means that both Harbaugh and Luck leave furdville...yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Les Richter (October 26, 1930 June 12, 2010)
    University of California All-America 1951

Quote Originally Posted by Our Domicile View Post
    If all goes according to what I think is going to happen, I still think Boise State is going to the Rose Bowl as the non-AQ at-large choice since the PAC-10 champ (Oregon) will be playing in the NC game and the RB is obligated this year to take the highest-ranked non-AQ as the at-large selection

I strongly believe that Boise State will leap-frog TCU if/when they beat Nevada and become the highest-ranked non-AQ team. Just wait and see.

As a traditional hater of the non-AQs (except for Hawaii), I have come to accept the strong possibility that the above scenario is destined/bound to happen for Boise State.

Meanwhile, Stanford is left out and playing in whatever non-BCS Bowl takes them.

The Big-10 is NOT sending a team to the NC and that's why their one-loss Champ (most likely Wisconsin) is slotted to go to the Rose Bowl this year.

If Oregon lose to the OSU Beibers, they will be out of the NC game and they will go to the RB based on their head-to-head win (tie-breaker) over the Trees as PAC-10 Champ.

However, I welcome any BCS-qualification info contrary to my understanding. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think that is what is going to happen.
    You are correct, although I have a feeling Auburn loses one of its next two games to either Bama or South Carolina, thus making the NC game Oregon vs TCU or Boise and Furd in the Rose Bowl. Tough situation for me as I really would love to see a year with no SEC team in the championship game, but I'll take Auburn winning out if it means Stanford gets screwed (no chance in hell any BCS bowl other than the Rose picks them and their 1,000 fans for an at large bid).

Go Arizona... go Oregon State... keep the Ducks out of the NC game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    As much as I hate the Furd I also hate us whining about them going to the RB.. if they earned it then why not...maybe it will be more of an impetus for change around here.....I'm not a Hairball fan at all but if he, and Chip Kelly and hell, even Lane Kiffy whom I DESPISE can have these seasons and go to BCS bowls, (SC notwithstanding) then why can't we?.... hell, if the Furd going to the RB makes it a done deal for Cal to finally wake up (JT and Sandy) and smell the coffee, then not only do I want them to go, I want them to win.....for Cal's sake
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by okaydo View Post
    We're in Year 9 of Tedford and our wildest dream has yet to be fulfilled.

And yet, Harbaugh with an overall more terrible record is there in 4!!!!

Oh no, I think if that happens, January 1st will actually kill several of our fans.
    Well, let's compare JT to some other Rose Bowl coaches.

Kelly (Ore) - 1 year
    Robinson (USC) - 1 year
    Warner (Stan) - 1 year
    Elliott (Cal) - 2 years
    Neuheisel (UW) - 2 years
    Prothro (OSU) - 2 years
    Waldorf (Cal) - 2 years
    Allison (Cal) - 3 years
    Carroll (USC) - 3 years
    James (UW) - 3 years
    Toledo (UCLA) - 3 years
    Jones (USC) - 5 years
    Sanders (UCLA) - 5 years
    Smith (Cal) - 5 years
    Snyder (ASU) - 5 years
    Willingham (Stan) - 5 years
    Donahue (UCLA) - 7 years
    Price (WSU) - 9 years
    Brooks (Ore) - 18 years

PENDING:
    Harbaugh - 4 years
    Tedford - 9 years (now 10)

Quote Originally Posted by CGB2813 View Post
    Well, let's compare JT to some other Rose Bowl coaches.

Kelly (Ore) - 1 year
    Robinson (USC) - 1 year
    Warner (Stan) - 1 year
    Elliott (Cal) - 2 years
    Neuheisel (UW) - 2 years
    Prothro (OSU) - 2 years
    Waldorf (Cal) - 2 years
    Allison (Cal) - 3 years
    Carroll (USC) - 3 years
    James (UW) - 3 years
    Toledo (UCLA) - 3 years
    Jones (USC) - 5 years
    Sanders (UCLA) - 5 years
    Smith (Cal) - 5 years
    Snyder (ASU) - 5 years
    Willingham (Stan) - 5 years
    Donahue (UCLA) - 7 years
    Price (WSU) - 9 years
    Brooks (Ore) - 18 years

PENDING:
    Harbaugh - 4 years
    Tedford - 9 years (now 10)

I want them to go----because one of my dearest friends goes to Wisconsin and theres a high liklihood that its wisco vs stanfurd

especially if auburn loses on friday

no bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post

This should serve as more motivation for us instead of making us turn to schadenfreude. As much as they are our rival, I'm OK with saying they deserve it.

Here's a question

So, I know that if things stay the way they are - the Rose Bowl must choose one At-Large team (either TCU or Boise) to play in Pasadena. How is the other team selected? And if Stanford is the highest ranked BCS team (higher than Wisconsin, Ohio State or Michigan State) why can't they be selected to go to the RB? Why would any of the Big-10 teams listed get to go first?

I guess it goes without saying that if they don't go to the RB, then they slip all the way down to the Alamo? Regardless of anyone's feelings about Stanford - I think that's crappy for them and the Pac-10.

Does anyone have the answer to these questions? Thanks!

Tedford's finishes the last 8 eight years:

4, 3, 2, 4, 1, 7, 4, 5

This year: currently 7th.

1st - X
    2nd - X
    3rd - X
    4th - XXX
    5th - X
    6th -
    7th - XX*
    8th -
    9th -
    10th -

*currently

While if you told me in the Holmoe and Gilby years that we'd have nine years of that, I'd be ecstatic. But if you also told me that the sole "1st" was fool's gold because we lost the Rose Bowl tiebreaker to USC, that Tedford would be making $2.8M a year for those results (locked in for another FOUR seasons), and that FURD could possibly make the Rose Bowl before US, then I wouldn't be very happy. And right now, I'm not very happy with Jeff Tedford at the helm. But he's not going anywhere, so what can we do except bitch and whine about it.
    Last edited by CGB2813; 11-22-2010 at 08:48 PM.