Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cal MBB 2010-2011: The Freshmen (Video Highlight)

Cal MBB 2010-2011: The Freshmen (Video Highlight)

LINK: Cal MBB 2010-2011: The Freshmen
    (Best viewed in HD & full-screen.)

The Freshmen

Cal Men’s Basketball 2010-2011
    Music: Into The Future by RocketScience

Thanks to BearMarch for capping.

If you’re interested, check out my page at youtube.com/ieeebear.

Game footage includes…
    11/25/10 vs. Temple
    11/26/10 vs. Notre Dame
    11/28/10 vs. Boston College
    12/05/10 vs. Iowa State

Go Bears!

ieeebear

Nice job as always, where the heck you been ieeebear?

Where have I been? I have been around...shared football highlight video making duties with HANDSOMElifeofswing aka 4evergolden. Still making videos when I have spare time...work has been handing it to me.

I want to try to highlight as much MBB as i can this season, particularly the freshmen. Any requests?

Yeah, skip all the bad plays..only use the good ones...ROFL. I know how time consuming it is. I use to make highlight videos for a few high school kids I use to coach. Yours is much more polished hah. Windows Movie Maker sucks for making vids sparkle.

Hah, they're freshmen, they're bound to be unpolished. They HAVE progressed though, and I see a slow and steady improvement. That being said, you can't deny that they are talented, watching a collection of their shooting/defending highlights...it's hard to argue against a bright future ahead for these freshmen.

Thanks always for the support of my videos, I have a lot of fun making them...I use iMovie to do 'em generally.

Also, admittedly I am not super active on BearInsider...I tend to just make videos and just post links here and at CGB. I would love to see people make requests and suggestions for highlight videos and music though. I just want to spread my love for Cal sports. Though unfortunately, my MBB videos don't get a whole lot of traffic.

Any input and suggestions are valued!

I use to get ideas watching other high school 'highlight' videos sometimes. Like incorporating movie clips and stuff..been teaching myself to use some other graphics apps too..can't think of anything at the moment..but when I do i'll pm for sure. I always look for music where I think it would work for a video ;p. The first football highlight video I ever made though I used a bunch of AC/DC and a lot of the kids were like "ahhh coach, why are you putting on all those oldies"...I was like..ahh hell..i'm only 33 you little d'bags! lol.

my 2nd attempt at highlight vid.. http://www.vimeo.com/2818781
    unfortunately I was subject to video from a camcorder on a tripod..you get TV network coverage! lol.
    Last edited by MinotStateBeav; 12-21-2010 at 11:05 PM.

I definitely think the music helps make the videos. Anyone can put a bunch of clips together back-to-back-to-back, I am always seeking to do more.

I was inspired to make my first video, after watching years of danzig's (aka ronenlish1) videos. And from there, i've started watching a lot of the professional-quality stuff on youtube, trying to emulate their techniques.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ieeebear View Post
    LINK: Cal MBB 2010-2011: The Freshmen
    (Best viewed in HD & full-screen.)

The Freshmen

Cal Men’s Basketball 2010-2011
    Music: Into The Future by RocketScience

Thanks to BearMarch for capping.

If you’re interested, check out my page at youtube.com/ieeebear.

Game footage includes…
    11/25/10 vs. Temple
    11/26/10 vs. Notre Dame
    11/28/10 vs. Boston College
    12/05/10 vs. Iowa State

Go Bears!

ieeebear
    Glad to see you doing basketball, ieeebear. Which of the 5 points did you use for the BC first half? :P As always, great stuff.

Btw, was it you or danzig that did the Oregon v. Cal "highlights" video for the 2009 game? That was classic.

Btw, was it you or danzig that did the Oregon v. Cal "highlights" video for the 2009 game? That was classic.
    I remember that classic highlight, it was danzig's.

A link in case you wanted to revisit the memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fvyWU3LU_s

yeah that was amazing HL vid. Even by todays new techie stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MinotStateBeav View Post
    yeah that was amazing HL vid. Even by todays new techie stuff.
    Agreed. Though, I dunno where danzig disappeared off to. He was always a big help, when I first started making videos...really offered a lot of support and advice.

I think he got burnt out awhile back...his HL video output was always crazily high...I can't imagine making as many as he did weekly.

lol at the end of a season I had to go thru like 20 hours of football game film, pick out 10 sec highlights in each game, then put everything back together how I wanted it, then added music, movie clips etc. I'd say 1 20 min video can take you days of work to be honest.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ieeebear View Post
    I remember that classic highlight, it was danzig's.

A link in case you wanted to revisit the memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fvyWU3LU_s
    Q. I have a Sony HD camcorder and it records in AVHD format. Usually to edit my videos I have to convert it to mp4 or some other format that compromises the quality - goes to SD and looks pretty bad. Then doing any editing on it requires using that SD file. Is there some software that can keep the HD quality and then record to DVD with near HD quality, or to ACHD discs made by SOny to playback on BluRay players?

Quote Originally Posted by MinotStateBeav View Post
    lol at the end of a season I had to go thru like 20 hours of football game film, pick out 10 sec highlights in each game, then put everything back together how I wanted it, then added music, movie clips etc. I'd say 1 20 min video can take you days of work to be honest.
    Agreed, a 20 min video can EASILY take a day. Sometimes I spend several hours doing a 5 minute video...as I did with this MBB one. Collecting all the clips from 4 different games, and then finding the Richard Solomon interview audio, etc. etc. etc.

Say what we will though...definitely labors of love.

Oh yes, If I didn't love doing it, learning new stuff etc...totally wouldn't be worth the hours lol.