Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cal MBB 2010-2011: The Freshmen (Video Highlight)

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Q. I have a Sony HD camcorder and it records in AVHD format. Usually to edit my videos I have to convert it to mp4 or some other format that compromises the quality - goes to SD and looks pretty bad. Then doing any editing on it requires using that SD file. Is there some software that can keep the HD quality and then record to DVD with near HD quality, or to ACHD discs made by SOny to playback on BluRay players?
    I am on a Mac, so i use Handbrake (link: http://handbrake.fr/) to do all my encoding. I have not had trouble using Handbrake to encode HD quality video into mp4. As far as I know Handbrake handles AVCHD formatted video as well.

That's the extent of what I know. I have not done any video editing/converting on the PC side. I believe Handbrake is available in Mac OSX, Linux, AND Windows...maybe give that a try?

KAB why do you have to convert it to a lower definition? Does your computer support high def? I was just thinking, it could be a hardware issue.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MinotStateBeav View Post
    KAB why do you have to convert it to a lower definition? Does your computer support high def? I was just thinking, it could be a hardware issue.
    I can play it on the Sony PMB software. I guess I don't have software that can use AVCHD (.mts) files to edit. Certainly not Windows Movie Maker, LOL.

HEY FU KAB..I was a beginner!

LOVE your vids, ieeebear. What about a highlight video of Bak Bak?

Also, in terms of music, I feel like some of Blue Scholars' beats could be of good use for you in the future. Smooth and makes your head nod...

(1) No Rest For The Weary

(2) Sagaba remix

I think Cal hoops a few years back sampled the first song for one of its "get to know you" player videos at Haas.

Thanks again for doing these vids. Awesome.
    Last edited by seattlebear02; 12-22-2010 at 12:32 AM.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MinotStateBeav View Post
    HEY FU KAB..I was a beginner!

I wasn't making light of that at all. That's where I'm at. Need to upgrade. Seems like all the videophiles run Macs though. PC is so lame. Personal computers too.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlebear02 View Post
    Also, in terms of music, I feel like some of Blue Scholars' beats could be of good use for you in the future. Smooth and makes your head nod...
    Thanks for these suggestions...i dig the beats, i'll definitely find a use for 'em.

Thanks admins/mods, for the STICKY. :-) Go Bears!

Great videos

I usually just ignore the stickied threads, but I just noticed this one (about 4 months too late). Watched a couple of your videos, and they were great. I loved the music, and you mixed everything together perfectly. The Richard Solomon quote was a nice touch at the beginning.

Gary Franklin doesn't look too bad if you only show the shots that went in. Of course, we all know that they didn't go in nearly as often as they should have.