Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kameron Jackson reopens recruitment..

Kameron Jackson reopens recruitment..

ok, I know we possibly might bring this kid in and I'm sure MB and others know what is going on, but looks like he is no longer a verbal for UDub per Scout..

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=4835023

Rivals still has him listed for them but a couple of posts on the Dog Pee board are lamenting his loss already.....tough luck

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=147&f=1361&t=7060372

Guess he just took an official to Colorado and I'm thinking he is waiting on Cal to decide.....

Hopefully we can get him, Lee and McClure!!!!!!!!!!
    That would be a great finish!!!!!!!!
    Go Bears!

Helmet Lee to USC

Hopefully McClure over Michigan & UCLA. Maybe Jackson if he officially visits & Cal offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    Hopefully McClure over Michigan & UCLA. Maybe Jackson if he officially visits & Cal offers.
    Rivals has Cal as offering Kameron Jackson already (Scout is usually behind on this stuff).

And Lee is going to USC according to whom? Everything I've seen says he has USC, Oregon and Cal as his favorites and will announce closer to signing day, but that he is keeping all info close to vest. He really liked his visit to Cal and you know Gibson and Barr are working on him, I'd say we still have a decent shot at him.

Quote Originally Posted by pnaidu View Post
    Hopefully we can get him, Lee and McClure!!!!!!!!!!
    That would be a great finish!!!!!!!!
    Go Bears!
    McClure and Jackson yeah, Lee i think he's going to USC...

With the recent defections of previous verbal commits to Cal, Coach Sark has ordered that all remaining verbal Husky commits be placed in lock down.

Upon implementation of Coach Sark's orders, one recruit was seen making a run for it.

Last edited by discobayursa; 01-17-2011 at 06:41 AM.
    A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.

Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more.

General Pendergast

very excited about this. jackson is a very underrated prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by BearInNeb View Post
    very excited about this. jackson is a very underrated prospect.
    under-rated nationally, but he was voted all state by CaliHiSports =)

http://www.calihighsports.com/articles/281

And it's a bonus to keep the pipeline from a perennial power (Poly) active.

Quote Originally Posted by jesterno2 View Post
    under-rated nationally, but he was voted all state by CaliHiSports =)

http://www.calihighsports.com/articles/281
    We have a lot of players on that team, very nice.

Poly has a good 2012 guy too, i heard

True Blue Golden Bear
    Cornerback is a position of tremendous need. Losing Lee is huge and puts that much more pressure to land McClure and Jackson. Whomever signs will have a great chance at playing.

I don't get the staff sometimes. Why let these positions go down to critical level? Last year it was with WRs and we had to sign a lot of WRs, only one of whom played much. We need some experience every year. This year we signed only one frosh OL. Next year we'll likely sign a lot. We need some class balance.

Quote Originally Posted by GranadaHillsBear View Post
    Cornerback is a position of tremendous need. Losing Lee is huge and puts that much more pressure to land McClure and Jackson. Whomever signs will have a great chance at playing.

I don't get the staff sometimes. Why let these positions go down to critical level? Last year it was with WRs and we had to sign a lot of WRs, only one of whom played much. We need some experience every year. This year we signed only one frosh OL. Next year we'll likely sign a lot. We need some class balance.
    Are you really criticizing the recruiting strategy and results of the staff? After the last two years? Who would you have expected to sign early? Do you not understand that some years are stronger in some positions than others? And you really expect a freshman wide receiver to contribute when we already have two starting upper classmen receivers? Jesus

The fact that some of these kids are still available shows that the coaches made the right decision in slow playing them while they went after higher priorities. Even if they don't get them (Lee, Farmer, etc.) at least we were still in the race for them.

Helmet It's a rumor on the WildWest message board...

Supposedly Troy landed a few out of their 23 official visits over the weekend. Carlisle went public but the others are staying silent (per Lane Kiffin). I put the rumor up on the insider board...Nobody is disputing it at all either on the WW or here.
    GO BEARS!

____________________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterno2 View Post
    Rivals has Cal as offering Kameron Jackson already (Scout is usually behind on this stuff).

And Lee is going to USC according to whom? Everything I've seen says he has USC, Oregon and Cal as his favorites and will announce closer to signing day, but that he is keeping all info close to vest. He really liked his visit to Cal and you know Gibson and Barr are working on him, I'd say we still have a decent shot at him.
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 01-17-2011 at 11:46 AM.