Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Braeden Anderson (2011 PF) Update

Apparently somebody on the staff did a lot of flying between the UCLA and USC games.

"California watched former DePaul commit Braeden Anderson ’11 of Wilbraham Monson (MA) practice over the weekend."

Without having seen either kid, I can't say anything definitive. I did, however, YouTube Anderson and he barely did anything in a couple of the videos I ran across.

Quote Originally Posted by yuanyelss View Post
    Without having seen either kid, I can't say anything definitive. I did, however, YouTube Anderson and he barely did anything in a couple of the videos I ran across.
    Hmmm...

Does this this guy spook anyone else out? He basically copied part of my first post above verbatim.
    Last edited by tsubamoto2001; 01-25-2011 at 10:12 AM.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    Hmmm...

Does this this guy spook anyone else out? He basically copied part of my first post above verbatim.
    Maybe he's our first re-tweet bot on Bear Insider.

Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    Hmmm...

Check his signature. Based on the handle that starts with "yuan" it looks like it's some Chinese affiliated something trying to generate "hits".

Quote Originally Posted by seattlebear02 View Post
    Check his signature. Based on the handle that starts with "yuan" it looks like it's some Chinese affiliated something trying to generate "hits".
    Maybe it's Max!?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBears24 View Post
    Maybe it's Max!?
    Max is watching.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by FrankCohen View Post
    If he comes aboard, does Monty and crew go after a JuCo SG? Any possible targets?
    Good chance of Anderson and Chris Colvin joining Kravish in the '11 class.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Chris Colvin. Tall (6'3", PG). Wants to play in a run and gun system, hmm....

http://m.desmoinesregister.com/BETTE...y=634210&rc=ci

Colvin's ESPN recruiting profile

Looks like he is a "natural 2 guard" (not a PG) and has a solid mid range game with good athleticism, but lacks a consistent 3 pt shot.

Promising news

Anderson would be big. I hope he sees that at Cal he has the best chance of being successful, with this team's front court wide open. MSF won't be here when he arrives, and Kamp will be a Senior. Monty is an expert on how to maximize his posts, and prefers to create his offense around them.

As for Colvin, he sounds like someone who can penetrate which is what we've been missing, although would he be a transfer and have to wait a year?

Quote Originally Posted by CalRanger View Post
    As for Colvin, he sounds like someone who can penetrate which is what we've been missing, although would he be a transfer and have to wait a year?
    From KAB's link, looks like he was granted his release in April 2010, so he is sitting out this season and would be eligible for next season.

Also, I did some googling and found that Colvin was suspended last year for disrespecting his teammates.
    Article and video. Maybe just a sign of freshman immaturity? Hopefully, he got that out of his system last year.

Here's one last video of Colvin choosing ISU.
    Last edited by seattlebear02; 01-26-2011 at 06:55 AM. Reason: added links

Quote Originally Posted by seattlebear02 View Post
    From KAB's link, looks like he was granted his release in April 2010, so he is sitting out this season and would be eligible for next season.

Also, I did some googling and found that Colvin was suspended last year for disrespecting his teammates.
    Article and video. Maybe just a sign of freshman immaturity? Hopefully, he got that out of his system last year.

Here's one last video of Colvin choosing ISU.
    Colvin is playing this year at Palm Beach Community College. He would join Cal as a junior.

He was said to have stormed out the lockerroom following a loss when Coach Greg McDermott let the team have it. Yes, hope he's learned from that.

Cal did like Colvin out of high school.
    Last edited by smokeyrover; 01-26-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Ive always been a fan of Chicago ballers. Generally speaking, they're tough, they attack and they play defense. 2 of my favorite bears ever are Randle and Lampley.

Hope we get this guy Colvin. We can use some guard depth.

Quote Originally Posted by BC Calfan View Post
    Ive always been a fan of Chicago ballers. Generally speaking, they're tough, they attack and they play defense. 2 of my favorite bears ever are Randle and Lampley.

Hope we get this guy Colvin. We can use some guard depth.
    Don't forget Dennis Gates, another Whitney Young alum