Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach M

Helmet Coach M

I've been holding back from commenting for the past month until Coach M's ties to the Raiders were completely severed, but that's finally the case as of today. I'd imagine we'll get a press release later today or tomorrow.

The speculation about Norcross was completely baseless. Michalczik was the guy, even before Marshall moved, on since it became apparent Marshall would be moving to Colorado well before Colorado announced it. I expect Coach M to stay put, too, unless an unusual opportunity opens up in the future that I'm not really imagining now.

Very good news for the program, IMO. I think Coach M's results had tailed off in his last season plus and the move to Oakland was probably the best thing that could've happened for his development and the future development of Cal's OL. He did a VERY good job with the Raiders line, which had been a joke not long before he arrived.

As for recruiting, I think he's gotten a bit of an unfair knock. For certain, he's going to have to adjust like Tedford and the rest of the staff did in '09 to early recruiting and relationship establishment but he's a very personable guy and also makes great impressions with families.

With the staff tag teaming in their recruiting efforts, as they've done so well this year and will only get better at with Ambrose and Keisau on staff, I believe Coach M's more than capable of jumping on board and playing a bigger role in future OL recruiting efforts. That's important, too, with likely five OL in the next class.

Finally! Great news!

Welcome back Coach M... may it be a long and prosperous relationship.... can't wait for our OL to dominate again like they did in early JT years

MB comes through again. Did you write this post two weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBear View Post
    MB comes through again. Did you write this post two weeks ago?
    Now didn't I just tell you CB his finger was 2 inches from the "enter" key just awhile ago.....lol

I'm sure coach Gould is happy to have him back!

So that's why there were 90 people in the chatroom lastnight.

Looks much better in blue than black, imo

Best recruit in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan View Post

Best recruit in years.
    NO KIDDING, you can say that again.