happy Friday everyone,
hope you all had a good thurs and fri. let's get down to business:
-first off- Tevin was back running yesterday and looked to be roughly 80% out there. source confirmed that his knee is fine and no structural damage or sprain. team was just being overcautious and rightfully so. Looked really good yesterday and made play after play on the ball. He goes up and gets the ball better than any other receiver we have. as for the other receivers, Kaelin looked fast as ever and was blowing past the DBs the entire workout. these two young future WRs just keep on impressing.
-QB play was decent. Brock was back practicing and looked average. again it was Zach and Bridgford who continued to stand out. Zach was firing the ball into tight spaces and was making the deep passes look easy. timing was still a little off with the receivers but it has been getting better and will continue to. Bridg looked like he was in complete control out there and although he was bailed out by the WRs making some plays and tough catches for him, he still looked like our #1 guy.
-Avery had another good workout as well and continued to fly to the ball all day. dropped an easy pick during the team segment right before i left.
-marv jones had a dominating practice catching everything coming his way. his routes have improved tenfold and the separation from the DBs is promising. other WRs were also getting open with good seperation and their routes continue to look better and better. coach Kiesau continues to work wonders on these kids. look for far better production this year from our WRs.
-reason i don't mention Keenan that much is because he is Keenan. the kid looks awesome every practice, catches 95% of balls thrown his way including some that you wouldnt even think he could get to and grab (the other 5% are truly uncatchable). Keenan is a special athlete that i am so glad we have and i cannot wait to see him step it up this year.
-RBs looked good this thurs just as they did on tues. Trey is running around and looking fine but didnt get the ball thrown to him much all day. Manuel is an athlete. the kid can catch, run, and has decent size. Really athletic kid making great catches and has speed that burned and juked many LBs and DBs. Ervin and Isi also had good days making good catches and running around. Isi looked extremely fast yesterday burning multiple DBs on deep routes and juking the living $@#$ out of some guys. He is extremely shifty and quick and was flying around thursday.
-OL and DL crews were looking huge and quick overall. hard to evaluate these guys when they arent hitting and in pads. the little bit of the team segment i got to see was pretty fluid and fast. Speed has really amped up this year compared to past springs. coach B is truly a blessing for this program and i think we will be a lot better in 2011. maybe not top-notch program but teams better watch out.
thanks for stopping by