Thread: UK places 3 spot in 1st vs Henderson...

FlashingScriptCal UK places 3 spot in 1st vs Henderson...

Top three batters in the Kentucky order rapped hits to the outfield vs Jolene. Henderson continued to pitch on the outside corner without any offspeed stuff or rise ball. The Wildcats hitting approach was to be aggressive and go the opposite way. In otherwords, hit the ball where it's pitched.

Two on & nobody out in the second inning, too, for the SEC team. If Cal gives up more runs, they'll have great difficulty outscoring UK in this first game. Five runs on six hits plus two walks early (after two innings) off of Jolene...Haven't seen this since initial series of Pac 10 at Washington. Maybe it's time to go to Arianna Erceg for the balance of this contest. Henderson & Cal unprepared to play & the opposing coaching staff changed game strategy & their starting pitcher to Rachel Riley. GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 05-29-2011 at 09:49 AM.

This game is one Cal needs to forget, work on gettin their bats active. A lot of fluky stuff goin against Cal. I expect a much better next game.

well..one thing that doesn't involve flukes is their hitting...I doubt they can win another 1-0 game, so their bats better wake up.

Baseball Also, base running mistakes have been 2011 epidemic...

Ashley Decker hit (out) by ground ball single by Lindsey Ziegenhirt. Elia Reid makes contact (out for interference) with Kentucky's second sacker attempting to field a ground ball from her sister, Jamia. The Bears didn't look mentally prepared to play in game #1. How could Jolene Henderson lose her changeup for the entire Super Regional? She always struckout top hitters with her change...I wonder if her hip is bothering her? Henderson is seldom getting a swinging strike on a batter? Zero strikeouts today & 3-4 over seven innings yesterday. Megan Yocke has led off both games proving that the Cal ace cannot get a pitch by her. On Saturday, she led off the game with an 11 pitch out. Today, she battled for several pitches again before singling up the middle...

I hope that I'm wrong and Jolene Henderson returns strong in the 2nd game. It would help greatly if the offense would score some runs to alleviate some of the pressure of Hendu to be perfect. GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 05-29-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Real Bear
    yea well so far in game 3 cals put up a 4 spot in the first inning. Go bears

Amazing turnaround...Bears just kept piling up the runs.

Real Bear
    yes that was great to see loved it. Go bears