Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ouch! Not good Tedford PR

drunkoski
    never understood why it reflects poorly on JT that he makes players look better than they are and gets them drafted too high.

Nice first post.... Always good to see JT fans proliferating on this board...

your first post features a bleacher report link. i predict great things from you.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkoski View Post
    never understood why it reflects poorly on JT that he makes players look better than they are and gets them drafted too high.
    And on top of that only people with their head in their arses give a damn about bleacher report.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkoski View Post
    Exactly - the OP has this totally backwards. If I am a HS recruit I look at how many players JT puts in the NFL, not what those players did in the NFL. In college your goal has to be to make the NFL. Once in the NFL, it is on you to make it happen from there.

If anything, JT looks very solid in this regard.

Ya gotta admit: The OP is right. We just don't have any good NFL players.

Especially during December through February, when NFL games mattered the most.

Where was Desmond Bishop?

Where was Aaron Rodgers?

Where was Marshawn Lynch?

How about DeSean Jackson?

It's just sad that these players couldn't give Tedford any good PR.

It is pretty amazing that JT took 4 mediocre QBs and made them look good enough not only to get drafted, but to get drafted in the first rounds. Kudos to him.

As an aside, I am surprised Alex Smith didn't make the list -

Quote Originally Posted by WhipItOutJoe View Post
    Exactly - the OP has this totally backwards. If I am a HS recruit I look at how many players JT puts in the NFL, not what those players did in the NFL. In college your goal has to be to make the NFL. Once in the NFL, it is on you to make it happen from there.

If anything, JT looks very solid in this regard.
    More solid in real person, I have no idea how a parent would not want his kid to attend Cal if they have the opportunity. 1st class school and 1st class man.

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by WhipItOutJoe View Post
    Once in the NFL, it is on you to make it happen from there.
    It's also on the team's coaching staff to make it happen. If anything, the article is bad PR for those teams. Akili Smith and Harrington were drafted by lousy organizations; they're not the only players who didn't succeed in Cincinnati and Detroit.

drunkoski
    i'm sure harrington and smith who are now multi millionares really hate JT for making them look so good.

Yeah this is not bad PR, 4 NFL 1st round QBs look great on JT. Does Pete Carroll look bad because Leinart is a f*** up, no.

There are busts in every walk of life, do you blame their teachers? Why there are even busts on the Bear Insider, Epiphini!