Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't you going Saturday?

Why aren't you going Saturday?

First "home" game this season against the Blue Hose @ AT&T..okay? More direct public transportation options than Candlestick/ parking-tailgating/ it's not a 3 day holiday / the weather will be sunny and clear and not "windy"/ booze/ good food/ newer, flashier stadium/ Cal banners/posters/flags / better student seating/ 2:30 pm -reasonable starting time for young and old / part of the home ticket package/ no boistrous, objectionable opponent fans/ get to see some back-ups grab some playing time, etc..So who's not going?

All my friends in LA

who normally come for games in Memorial.:>(

Well, you got me. It's bad enough paying $45 for that game, but no way is it worth a flight.

A bunch of us are going; even my daughter and she doesn't even like football. It will be fun. Go Bears!

Real Bear
    I'm out because a buddy is getting hitched. He's a bruin so not shocking that he'd get married on a game day.

I'm in. Passed on Fresno but now our season tickets begin

no bear
    Yes, it is a Cal football game, but I am not a Roman citizen, that is, one eager to go to the Coliseum for grumsome entertainment to watch Christians get slaughtered......

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblood View Post
    Yes, it is a Cal football game, but I am not a Roman citizen, that is, one eager to go to the Coliseum for grumsome entertainment to watch Christians get slaughtered......
    So, friend, why bother to attend when WE get slaughtered by the usual Roman thugs from USC, Oregon State, and Stanford? Better to just wait for those Christian-like Cougars and Mormon-like Utes to visit our home this year - that might be less grumsome entertainment..?

Work, unless I can get off early...

The students are in the section I want to sit in.

I'm going! I'm going with about 20 other ppl. Going to be a great game!

I'm going from SoCal

I'm going from L.A. taking a two hour detour to pick up grand kids, 3 & 4-1/2, to take them to their first Cal Game. I had to buy two extra tickets for them as everyone in our group of 12 is using their tickets.

no bear
    Quote Originally Posted by 72CalBear View Post
    So, friend, why bother to attend when WE get slaughtered by the usual Roman thugs from USC, Oregon State, and Stanford? Better to just wait for those Christian-like Cougars and Mormon-like Utes to visit our home this year - that might be less grumsome entertainment..?
    You friend have a warped sense of cultures and religions.....but you are right I do not attend any Cal u$c game......hey, beavers are generally okay with me....and the 'furds getting taken down is true entertainment in its truest meaning.....AHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAA

And, let me tell you, the Wazzu cougs are anything but christian-like and the Utes claim that they're actually heathens......