Thread: Cal VB 2012 recruiting

Cal VB 2012 recruiting

I know there's only been one public commitment so far for Cal's 2012 recruiting class, and it sounds like a walk-on.

Don't have any names, but I've heard rumors that Cal actually recruited pretty well for 2012. Just wait for Letter of Intent day and we could find that Cal's class rivals Stanford's supposed #1 class.

Believe it or not??

Quote Originally Posted by BearClause View Post
    Don't have any names, but I've heard rumors that Cal actually recruited pretty well for 2012. Just wait for Letter of Intent day and we could find that
    Cal's class rivals Stanford's supposed #1 class.
    That would be something. Based on on the prep volleyball's top 100 listing..Stanford has 5 recruits within the top 12. This seem would be a very difficult task to accomplish rivaling Stanford's recruiting class.

Looking at the furd's site per their comments no Cal recruits are listed in the top 100 (yet). I'm sure they would be only to happy if this status remains this way.
    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=18&f=1715&t=7854555

Since we only lose 1 player after this year. Next year roster would topple the 15 roster spots by quite a bit. Really needed since we lose another 5 starters after the 2012 season.
    Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 09-15-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearClause View Post
    I know there's only been one public commitment so far for Cal's 2012 recruiting class, and it sounds like a walk-on.

Don't have any names, but I've heard rumors that Cal actually recruited pretty well for 2012. Just wait for Letter of Intent day and we could find that Cal's class rivals Stanford's supposed #1 class.
    did we recruit over seas?

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    That would be something based on on the prep volleyball's top 100 listing..Stanford has 5 recruits within the top 12. This seem would be a very difficult task to accomplish rivaling Stanford's recruiting class.

Looking at the furd's site per their comments no Cal recruits are listed in the top 100 (yet). I'm sure they would be only to happy if this status remains this way.
    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=18&f=1715&t=7854555

Since we only lose 1 player after this year. Next year roster would topple the 15 roster spots by quite a bit. Really needed since we lose another 5 starters after the 2012 season.
    You don't need to have a player on that list to have a good class. I know John Tawa of PrepVB got flak for naming a Canadian player #1 for the 2004 class and has since stopped naming international players on his Senior Aces list. He does consider international players in his top classes rankings.

Also - there is no limit on the number of players on a roster. I remember Cal with as many as 18. I've also heard of some teams with as many as 24. As far as I can tell, there are 11 scholarship players on the current roster (Gaffen transferred) unless Rostratter got a scholarship. The limit on scholarships is 12. My calculations would be that Cal has two to give for 2012, and perhaps more if Hawari doesn't come back for her fifth year (I have no info on that).

Quote Originally Posted by CalFanatic View Post
    Ummm. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by CalFanatic View Post
    bingo