Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What the HELL is wrong with this site?

What the HELL is wrong with this site?

Hey, I'm no sunshine pumper. I can be as critical as the next guy, but....
    We are winning this freakin' game by 30 at halftime while playing fairly poorly. I get that we need to raise our game, but some folks here are acting like spoiled USC fans. This team is about to go 3-0. This team has undergone fairly HUGE changes over last year's team. Almost everything that can go well for us since last year has gone well for us, but it seems some people are INCAPABLE of enjoying any of it.

Judging by some folks here, we SHOULD be up 72-0 right now, and should neither have allowed the opponent a first down, nor a defensive stop at any point in the first half.

Suffice it to say, I'm guessing that these YOUNG men are realizing that they can coast in this game, and it is Tedford's role to be the parent here and get them to focus for the second half.

We will certainly know more with the Washington game next week, but TRY to have some perspective please.

I think it isn't the score at all but rather an expecation that the team will be well coached, which most people define as including the ability to play crisp, error free ball. Apparently we aren't doing that (I can't get the game). Good teams execute instead of playing down to the level of their opponents. That is disappointing. Further, we continue to see the same ST problems over and over and over. That is unacceptable.

no bear
    Dude, it not the score total....ts the way Cal is playing which, to me, sure indicates a lot of very sloppy coaching in those secretpractices.....Cal is just plain embarrassing.....whether Cal wins or not......Cal's offense and ST performance is pretty sloppy.....Cal's offense has to learn to not score points for its opponents.....UDub is going to rip Cal a new @$$hole playing like it is.....we, or at least I, want to see some good-played football....

tequila4kapp,

I think that is just a bit "over-the-top." The team has yet to lose this year.

I hear you about being "well-coached" and I do have some worries about the running game and special teams, but seriously - the offense has been VERY productive. Given our history of getting the running game on track, the only big concern I have currently is the special teams.

We are three games into the year and are undefeated.

There have been TITANICALLY worse performances by better teams than ours against poor competition. This is not, by any means, some debacle.

Blueblood,

"Cal is just plain embarrassing...."

Seriously?

We have played far from a great game against a team that you can be sure Cal was NOT "up" for.

I think you are suffering from a serious lack of perspective.

no bear
    yeah i hear you but the productiveness to which you refer is against a school yard football team....not a Pac 12 foe.....Cal won't be scoring at will starting next week....and even if the offense jells, like i've pointed out it will most likely shoot itself in the foot because it is not very disciplined......

no bear
    No I don't think so.....I am obviously not looking at the things you are...Cal head coach as you say may not have his team up for the game....but I don't thinkhe's capable of getting his team up for the crucial games.....I was looking for coaching change, I see none of significance that will raise Cal football about the Cal-PC game level....

Quote Originally Posted by 88Bear View Post
    Hey, I'm no sunshine pumper. I can be as critical as the next guy, but....
    We are winning this freakin' game by 30 at halftime while playing fairly poorly. I get that we need to raise our game, but some folks here are acting like spoiled USC fans. This team is about to go 3-0. This team has undergone fairly HUGE changes over last year's team. Almost everything that can go well for us since last year has gone well for us, but it seems some people are INCAPABLE of enjoying any of it.

Judging by some folks here, we SHOULD be up 72-0 right now, and should neither have allowed the opponent a first down, nor a defensive stop at any point in the first half.

Suffice it to say, I'm guessing that these YOUNG men are realizing that they can coast in this game, and it is Tedford's role to be the parent here and get them to focus for the second half.

We will certainly know more with the Washington game next week, but TRY to have some perspective please.
    New around here, are you?

no bear
    Ahhhh....time will shape this newbie up! AHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAA

Blueblood,

Suffice it to say that we strongly differ on our take on Tedford.

sycasey,

No, but it seems to me that board just gets worse with every passing year. Tedford has ONE losing year. We are a very good team more often than not. I don't get it. It seems to me that many folks here would take cheating or becoming an academic joke in order to be in a BCS game. Given how we got screwed out of one already, and have been on the national radar to a degree that I could not have imagined when I attended the school - I was AFFLICTED with the Joe Kapp years - I think that some folks here are bordering on mental illness with regards to this team.

no bear

So, now I'm a mental patient becuase I don't see the game like you? for all i know you may be the mental patient, at least that's what I surmise from the dismissal of what you're seeing....we don't care about how many points Cal scores today.... whatever it is, we expected such....that's how nuts I really am....AHAHAHAHAAA.

88Bear...I'm with ya. Don't let anyone on this Board bother you. If it's not the coaches, it's the uniforms. If it's not the players, it's the venue. If it's not the opponent, it's the AD. If it's not the broadcaster, it's the live feed. If it's not the quality of the feed, it's the ads. If none of those are the target of the day, it's the name on the Cal Alumni credit card . Don't even get me started on conference realignment or recruiting....We're lunatics

Let me know if you need a wedge buster for your team.
    70 Nobel Prizes, 9 Wolf Prizes, 7 Fields Medals, 15 Turing Awards, 45 MacArthur Fellowships, 20 Academy Awards and 11 Pulitzers. 16 chemical elements discovered-more than any other university in the world. 87 national titles in 15 sports including football, basketball, baseball, softball, crew, tennis, swimming, water polo, track and rugby. 274 individual national champions and 176 Olympic medals. Thereís only one Cal and itís in Berkeley.

Quote Originally Posted by 88Bear View Post
    sycasey,

No, but it seems to me that board just gets worse with every passing year. Tedford has ONE losing year. We are a very good team more often than not. I don't get it. It seems to me that many folks here would take cheating or becoming an academic joke in order to be in a BCS game. Given how we got screwed out of one already, and have been on the national radar to a degree that I could not have imagined when I attended the school - I was AFFLICTED with the Joe Kapp years - I think that some folks here are bordering on mental illness with regards to this team.
    I actually agree with you that the complaining is over-the-top right now, but IMO it's not any worse than usual. Probably because people are usually more compelled to post if they want to b*tch.

no bear
    No, it's more like we would like to see good progressive football play.......we've hit the ceiling, I think with Tedford....I mean an experienced Cal fan isn't going to let this 3 and 0 start fool them..... 8>)

no bear
    3-0 is great, but means nothing until you start playing some conference opponents, although Colorado is one. Special team breakdowns and 15 yard offensive face mask penalties (2 of them), will get you beat in conference play almost every week. Cal under Tedford has developed a nasty tendency to make sloppy mistakes.

This is still a 6-6 team IMO
    Last edited by CalBacker78; 09-17-2011 at 04:46 PM.