Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Martin transferring AGAIN???

Chris Martin transferring AGAIN???

ND -> Cal -> Florida -> Navarro Juco -> ????

Apparently he's no longer playing football at Navarro JC.

http://corsicanadailysun.com/sports/...l-Depth-issues

Quote Originally Posted by dupdadee View Post
    ND -> Cal -> Florida -> Navarro Juco -> ????

Apparently he's no longer playing football at Navarro JC.

http://corsicanadailysun.com/sports/...l-Depth-issues
    Quote Originally Posted by From the Article
    All have left the program after “internal issues” arose in the last 10 days.
    It's odd how these types of issues seem to be following this kid everywhere he goes.

Too bad for Martin and Cal that it didn't work out. He could have been a terror coming off the edge at OLB for us this year.

I honestly hope the kid figures things out. Obviously it's something more then football.

good bye football career for him.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBearinLA View Post
    good bye football career for him.
    He only has to survive till 3 years after high school and he's NFL draft eligible. Some sorry excuse for an NFL team will take a look at him. He'd find a home and plenty of mentors.

Are there many examples of guys not playing any college ball and making it in the NFL?

The guy's got plenty of talent, but it seems like he would be so far behind physically (particularly at OLB or DE) plus lack of coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaGoldenBear View Post
    He only has to survive till 3 years after high school and he's NFL draft eligible. Some sorry excuse for an NFL team will take a look at him. He'd find a home and plenty of mentors.

The RAIDERS.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaGoldenBear View Post

"How fast did you say he was?"

Ferric Collons

Quote Originally Posted by afroski View Post
    Are there many examples of guys not playing any college ball and making it in the NFL?

The guy's got plenty of talent, but it seems like he would be so far behind physically (particularly at OLB or DE) plus lack of coaching.
    Ferric Collons much?

Collons was on the Patriots and was listed as a Cal alum. I remember him at Cal - most particularly when he wore a red shirt in the student section. I don't think he ever played a down at Cal. I am not sure if he went to a JC or some small school after Cal, but then he ended up in the NFL.
    A lifetime of suffering as a Cal fan.

Quote Originally Posted by 91Gypo View Post
    Ferric Collons much?

Collons was on the Patriots and was listed as a Cal alum. I remember him at Cal - most particularly when he wore a red shirt in the student section. I don't think he ever played a down at Cal. I am not sure if he went to a JC or some small school after Cal, but then he ended up in the NFL.
    at least he was enrolled in a school?

Return to the streets............

He will never play a down again anywhere. Even the NFL has standards and discipline...............

Don't see a reason to pile on.

Quote Originally Posted by afroski View Post
    Matt Cassell.

But no, not many examples, and I don't see any way CM could make it in the league if he's not disciplined enough to make it in college.

sucks that it didnt work out here for Martin, He definitely would've helped our D. If it were somehow possible and he was somehow agreed to some special circumstances I would not mind having him back. He is way too talented to be out of football, seen too many talented kids let off the field situations keep them out of the sport. They raved about him in Gainesville when he was there, he was a monster on their scout team.