Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cal to play Michigan?

Cal to play Michigan?

I have no link or anything but According to Avery Sebastian's facebook he says he gets to play Ohio State Michigan and Texas in his Career as a Bear.

Am I Completly Oblivious to whats going on here? is Avery Misinformed? or is this something new?

True Blue Golden Bear BeachyBear's Avatar
    I wouldn't put much faith in this unless Avery Sebastian works at Boston Market.

Haven't heard that and doesn't seem likely. Texas and OSU are well known. I think that would mean we would be playing Michigan and either OSU or Texas in the same year, unless there is year gap in our home-and-home with them.

Would love to see them on our schedule at some point though.

Quote Originally Posted by afroski View Post
    Haven't heard that and doesn't seem likely. Texas and OSU are well known. I think that would mean we would be playing Michigan and either OSU or Texas in the same year, unless there is year gap in our home-and-home with them.

Would love to see them on our schedule at some point though.
    Agreed that I don't see us scheduling 2 of those 3 in the same years. BUT. There is a gap. We play Ohio St. in 2012 and 2013. We have 2014 open. Maybe we have just worked out a neutral site game with Michigan? Who knows.

It also doesn't make sense because we don't play Texas until 2015 and 2016, and Avery will be gone by then, as he is not redshirting. His senior year would be 2014.

Maybe Michigan and OSU are joining the Pac-16

Maybe he's already penciled us into the Rose Bowl?

We also have Northwestern in there sometime right? I sure hope so because I'm looking forward to the trip! Chi-Town + CalBears...whattabonanza!

Possible he just got them mixed up?

Interesting, I didn't realize there was a gap. I like the idea of a high-profile neutral site match up in 2013. We'll most likely be breaking in a new QB, but otherwise, I'd expect the team to be pretty good if all goes as we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlue1999 View Post
    We also have Northwestern in there sometime right? I sure hope so because I'm looking forward to the trip! Chi-Town + CalBears...whattabonanza!

Possible he just got them mixed up?
    Yes, we host Northwestern in 2013 and play there in 2014. Both look like season openers.

Loyal Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmoephobic View Post
    Maybe he's already penciled us into the Rose Bowl?
    Are you sure Michigan will do their part to get there????

im more interested in how many games we can win against these other teams we've scheduled

Quote Originally Posted by calgldnbear View Post
    Are you sure Michigan will do their part to get there????
    I am more sure of them doing their part than us doing our part unfortunately.

no bear
    Cal playing big time Michigan after hosting Presbyterian College....yeah sure

Quote Originally Posted by Holmoephobic View Post
    I am more sure of them doing their part than us doing our part unfortunately.
    i wonder how fan sentiments will change after this weekend's Win against washington. (let's assume we do in fact win this weekend)