Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else following the Cal-Wash line?

Anyone else following the Cal-Wash line?

Noticed this line movement on Vegas Insider:

09/20 10:50am WASH-150 CAL+130 WASH-3 -110 CAL+3 -110 57.5 -110
    57.5 -110

09/20 11:30am WASH-125 CAL+105 WASH-1.5 -110 CAL+1.5 -110 57.5 -110 57.5 -110

That's a huge jump within a matter of 40 minutes. The public money is pretty heavily on Washington. Some smart must have dumped a huge wad of cash on Cal to not only cover but to win straight up.

This is pretty similar to what happened against Tenn in 2006. Cal was ranked #9 in the country going into Neyland and the public was betting Cal, but the line stayed -3 pretty much the whole week. The line moved to a pickem by the end due to a lot of smart money being bet on Tenn. At least that is what I recall.

It's happening much earlier with Wash, but I'm starting to feel pretty good about the game.

I would agree, it looks like people are taking CAL straight up. Only that kind of betting would make the LINE move, and not just the juice.

When did the line open? It's early in the week so a lot of adjusting is expected.

Could it have anything to do with the possibility of Udubs QB not playing?

uw qb @ 40/50%?

Price: left knee is

"40 or 50" percent

Quarterback Keith Price took the usual snaps with the first-team offense in practice Monday despite having a left knee that he described as being "40 or 50" percent after it was sprained Saturday. He had already been playing with a sprained right knee, that he said now is close to being healed. Sarkisian said the brace Price had been wearing on his right knee will be going on his left.

Price said he was injured when he was trying to get down and "then I heard something pop in my knee. I just slid."

But Price said he anticipates recovering rapidly during the week and that he'll be fine for Saturday's game against California.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...22_uwfb20.html

no bear
    What price says is non sequiteur...."heard something pop" and "anticipates recovering rapidly"....yeah sure.....it all hockey to worry Cal......he won't be playing much if he does at all.......AHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAA......OOPS......I mean....oh dear me, that's just terrible.....poor kid......

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorOf1and10fkaLEA View Post

57.5 -110

That's a huge jump within a matter of 40 minutes. The public money is pretty heavily on Washington. Some smart must have dumped a huge wad of cash on Cal to not only cover but to win straight up.

This is pretty similar to what happened against Tenn in 2006. Cal was ranked #9 in the country going into Neyland and the public was betting Cal, but the line stayed -3 pretty much the whole week. The line moved to a pickem by the end due to a lot of smart money being bet on Tenn. At least that is what I recall.

It's happening much earlier with Wash, but I'm starting to feel pretty good about the game.
    It's Cal on the road. How can anyone feel good about this game!?
    FWIW, Montana and Price were dead-locked in a qb battle all throughout the Spring and into Fall. If Price can't go, they apparently like Montana just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmoephobic View Post
    It's Cal on the road. How can anyone feel good about this game!?
    FWIW, Montana and Price were dead-locked in a qb battle all throughout the Spring and into Fall. If Price can't go, they apparently like Montana just as much.
    Maybe that's true (or it's just coach speak), but Price has the advantage of actually starting and playing in 3 games including one in Lincoln. If Montana has to play instead of Price, that's a huge break for Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by BearyBearyGood View Post
    Maybe that's true (or it's just coach speak), but Price has the advantage of actually starting and playing in 3 games including one in Lincoln. If Montana has to play instead of Price, that's a huge break for Cal.
    The Bear Defense is licking its chops ..... GO BEARS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by calgldnbear View Post
    The Bear Defense is licking its chops ..... GO BEARS!!!!!!!!
    which defensive team? Game 1 Defensive Team? or Game 2 Colorado Defensive Tean?

i'll be pretty damn surprised if Price doesn't go. i don't think his knee is anywhere near as hurt as they're making it sound.

Did that info become public today? If so, that could explain it. I thought his injured knees were old news.

It's weird that he heard a pop, but there is no word about an MRI.

His absence would be priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorOf1and10fkaLEA View Post

57.5 -110

Sagarin has us as a 5 point favorite, not taking into account UW QB issues.

How many people that say they heard a pop actually heard a pop? Very few, I'd guess. More like they felt a pop. If he actually heard one, he wouldn't even be practicing now, let alone playing on Saturday.