Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to not let a loss ruin your day?

Is there a way to not let a loss ruin your day?

See, every time we enter a Saturday with a losable game on schedule, I say to myself, "hey, a loss is practically expected here. We're not a great team, and this is a tough road environment..." or whatever the case may be. And I make peace with potentially losing...

...Then the game starts.

I don't know if it's the way we lose or if its that, at some point in the game, I get my hopes up.

If you know the secret to this, also let me know how you enjoy a round of golf after that first quad bogey.
    Last edited by Calcoholic; 09-24-2011 at 08:35 PM.

I think the secret is in your screenname

Travis Bickle . Posture in front of the mirror with weapons.

Unlock the secret suitcase in the attic, put on the Swiss maid's outfit, spank your pink bottom with a wooden paddle in front of a full length mirror while on the phone with your grandmother, tighten clamps on nipples ... um, is this an over-share?
    ~The Bear will not quilt. The Bear will not dye.~

Quote Originally Posted by blungld View Post
    tighten clamps on nipples ... um, is this an over-share?
    Yes it is

Oops, I meant that I calmly dialogue with my fellow Bear fans and smartly breakdown the Xs and Os in a civilized and enlightening discourse.

rant for hours about the game w/ a buddy, then sit in my own room angry at the world, then eat a good meal, and try to forget.

either way, the day's already ruined. the only thing that matter is if it can get any worse...

I have 3 ... hasn't helped.

Sex.Drugs.Rock and Roll.

I still remember a year ago today when we lost to Arizona 10-9 in an excruciating game. Later that night, Katy Perry performed this on SNL.

I woke up the next morning on my couch wondering if everything that came out of my TV the night before was some bizarre hallucination.

Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by 510Bear View Post
    I still remember a year ago today when we lost to Arizona 10-9 in an excruciating game. Later that night, Katy Perry performed this on SNL.

I woke up the next morning on my couch wondering if everything that came out of my TV the night before was some bizarre hallucination.
    That game INFURIATED me...

For me this game is disappointing but doesn't ruin my day. We lost. We lost a good game. On the road. The team played well. We didn't "blow it" the other team played a little better. Happens.
    Last edited by xultaif; 09-24-2011 at 08:18 PM.

True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Chelsea Drugstore, standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcoholic View Post
    See, every time we enter a Saturday with a losable game on schedule, I say to myself, "hey, a loss is practically expected here. We're not a great team, and this is a tough road environment..." or whatever the case may be. And I make peace with potentially losing...

...Then the game starts.

I don't know if it's the way we lose or if its that, at some point in the game, I get my hopes up.

If you know the secret to this, also let me know you enjoy a round of golf after that first quad bogey.
    Any day that you are still vertical is a good day.

This loss didn't ruin my day.

In fact, I'm glad we had at least an exciting/competitive game on the road in an important contest.

I was actually thrilled to scream out loud over a play (you know which one), which I rewound and rewatched over and over and over again.

But in order for this to ruin my day, it would have to be September or October of 2007.

If you don't have big expectations, you're not going to be really disappointed.

4-0 would've been awesome though.

Our next Saturday game, by the way, is Oct. 22, nearly a month from now.