Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does loss @ UW have any effect on recruiting?

Does loss @ UW have any effect on recruiting?

I heard that some of our recruits were at the Cal-UW (ie Shaq Thompson). Is that true? And will this be one of the deciding factors of whether they choose UW or Cal or some other school?

True Blue Golden Bear BeachyBear's Avatar
    Time will tell. Usually, it's not THE deciding factor.

Maybe a blowout could possibly, but I don't think a close game would have any effect.

maybe not the win by itself but that gameday couldn't have gone any better for the huskies. great crowd, almost ZERO presence from cal fans, fantastic weather.

hate the huskies with a passion but their fan base knows how to support their team.

I don't think 1 loss would hurt your recruiting, but losing to all of the top teams in the conference (Stanford, Wh*regon, USC, and ASU) could. It would show that Cal isn't really making any progress. Teams like UW and ASU could point to the fact that they are programs on the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by BowDowntoWashington View Post
    I don't think 1 loss would hurt your recruiting, but losing to all of the top teams in the conference (Stanford, Wh*regon, USC, and ASU) could. It would show that Cal isn't really making any progress. Teams like UW and ASU could point to the fact that they are programs on the rise.
    Not making any comparisons to Cal here (we've got our own issues), but where are you getting that UW is 'on the rise'? I'd say you pretty much peaked with that win over Nebraska last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Calcoholic View Post
    Not making any comparisons to Cal here (we've got our own issues), but where are you getting that UW is 'on the rise'? I'd say you pretty much peaked with that win over Nebraska last year.
    but our loss still doesn't help prove that Cal is "on the rise" as a program, unless you want to discuss how close the margin of loss was, in contrast to previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by beeasyed View Post
    but our loss still doesn't help prove that Cal is "on the rise" as a program, unless you want to discuss how close the margin of loss was, in contrast to previous years.
    Like I said, my post has nothing to do with Cal. I'm talking to BowDown about the Washington program.

Quote Originally Posted by Calcoholic View Post
    Like I said, my post has nothing to do with Cal. I'm talking to BowDown about the Washington program.
    i understand that. i'm just asking the question since BowDown brings up the issue of programs "on the rise." i'm just wondering about our own program.

"Teams like UW and ASU could point to the fact that they are programs on the rise."

UW is on the rise? That's very funny!

We finished 5-7 last year and still put up a top-15 class.

Improve to 7-5/8-4, and I think we'll see similar results.

So no, this loss had no effect. Numerous losses though...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden One View Post
    "Teams like UW and ASU could point to the fact that they are programs on the rise."

UW is on the rise? That's very funny!
    How is UW not on the rise?

2008 0-12

2009 5-7

2010 7-6

2011 3-1..... Umm not sure but that looks to me like a team "on the rise"

everbody who follows college ball thinks Udub is on the rise.

On the rise from 0-12