Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If we beat Oregon is all forgotten?

If we beat Oregon is all forgotten?

Lets be honest.... stranger things have happened.

In that extremely unlikely event, then I would have to say "yes." Because we would have to do a lot of things right for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBear21 View Post
    Yes. No question.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBear21 View Post
    Yes, or if we beat SC or Stanford (and beat WSU, OSU and UCLA--ASU and Utah are bonuses).

Really, from the beginning, what I wanted to see from this team this season is that it is well coached, that Tedford had worked out a system for coaching the QB and offense, that we get our best athletes on the field even if freshmen, that our schemes and play calling are tailored to the talent on the team, that we make in game adjustments on both sides of the ball and that we show steady improvement throughout the season.

In general, the coaching IS better, though it not where I'd like to see it yet, and it is very frustrating when an apparent lesson learned in one game (success with pistol and zone read with Maynard, Anderson in short yardage...) is apparently forgotten the next.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Of course. I know UW is going to lose multiple games in the P12. I don't know that Oregon is going to lose more than 1 (2 at most). Beating Oregon at Oregon would be a double bonus in that it's a road win and it's a win against our division opponent. Now a win at UW would have served the same purpose but we all know Oregon is the contender rather than UW.

Great question!

I would say the answer is No. That is because we are Cal fans, and undoubtedly the UW loss will then become the one loss that will keep us out of the CCG.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNoodle View Post
    I would say the answer is No. That is because we are Cal fans, and undoubtedly the UW loss will then become the one loss that will keep us out of the CCG.
    this is the correct answer.

yours truly,

desean's left big toe circa 2006

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LANYBear View Post
    this is the correct answer.

yours truly,

desean's left big toe circa 2006
    I concur.

Sincerely,

Blade of grass that tripped up Lavelle Hawkins in the same Arizona game, just before we couldn't score from where he tripped on 4 downs (see, we've done this kind of thing before!) at about the 5 yard line

IMO, We should beat oregon and we should beat SC as well. Im sure Clancy will gameplan to shut that O down like last year. I'd expect Oregon to come out firing through the air.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    I concur.

Sincerely,

Blade of grass that tripped up Lavelle Hawkins in the same Arizona game, just before we couldn't score from where he tripped on 4 downs (see, we've done this kind of thing before!) at about the 5 yard line
    That's right.

Signed, the Southern Miss defenders who kept us from running up the score in 2004 like we needed to do to fend off Mack Brown and his band of merry pranksters.

We can beat oregon. We have a solid history of playing them well.

no bear

Wow, this line is long waiting to see Mr. Noodles next post on Cyberbears.

No. Because I am deeply frustrated with Jeff the Coward's idea of how to play football.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenjax View Post
    I'd expect Oregon to come out firing through the air.
    If that happens, we're dead. Our porous secondary and pathetic pass rush could well give up 50 points to a pass-happy team.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusthebear View Post
    We can beat oregon. We have a solid history of playing them well.
    Not on the road we don't. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I seem to recall reading a few year ago that Cal's last win in Eugene (other than 2007) is 1987. The year could be off, but I wouldn't call that a solid history of anything but ass kickings.