Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's the next first-round draft pick?

Who's the next first-round draft pick?

Disclaimer: Obviously, this topic will be loaded with speculation and is just for fun.

We've had four players drafted in the first round for the past three years. Which of this year's players is going to be the next to accomplish this? Trevor Guyton helping establish a new Tosh tradition? Marvin Jones to help a pro passing game and special teams? A Sade-fueled Mychal Kendricks? Or will we have to wait for Keenan Allen in the 2013 Draft?
    Last edited by TheScientist; 10-03-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Keenan has the best chance to go next on our team and even he isnt a sure fire first rounder. I don't see any of the seniors going in the first round this year.

We don't have anyone draft eligible who is better than a 4th or 5th rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by alarsuel View Post
    Lots of early mock drafts have Mychal Kendricks going in the 3rd round. Not saying it's certain to happen but it's very possible. Jones is currently projected in the 5-7 round range but he has a good shot to move up based on the season he's having.

I expect to see quite a few of our seniors get drafted, Just don't know if any of them will be first rounders (highly doubt it). However FWIW, i did see a mock in the summer that had sean cattouse going in the late first round.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenjax View Post
    I expect to see quite a few of our seniors get drafted, Just don't know if any of them will be first rounders (highly doubt it). However FWIW, i did see a mock in the summer that had sean cattouse going in the late first round.
    That's humorous.

I really don't know where our next #1 pick is coming from. It's a pretty damning statement about the shape of our recruiting from '07-'09.

No one in this year's draft class will be a #1 pick. I expect this will be one of our more scant draft classes. I predict Jones will go in the 4th, Kendricks in the 5th and Guyton going late on the second day. Schwartz gets FA looks and maybe catches with someone. Anger will get picked up too.

Obviously Keenan Allen is the guy most likely to climb up into the first round among our current contributors. He's got an NFL body, and with Jones gone (along with Calvin and Miller) he will put up simply crazy numbers next year. Maynard already has tunnel-vision for his brother and that's with a plethora of other receiving options out there. KA has a good chance of breaking every single season receiving mark Cal has in '12. I do wonder about how his track speed will affect his standing. NFL GMs sure do love those 40 times.

If not Allen, I'd just gamble on betting Moala. The defensive line is the premier draft position in the league today and if Moala fulfills his potential he will go very early.

anger 31st overall you heard it here first

Quote Originally Posted by goldenjax View Post
    The stuff I've seen has Cattouse ranked as around the 15th-20th best safety in this year's draft class. Not bad, but given the low priority most teams have for safeties, that will not get you drafted on day 1 OR day 2 of the draft. That's day 3 territory.

Giorgio of course

Oh, I thought you meant the MLS draft

Anger 16. You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by alarsuel View Post
    Sorry to upset your worldview, but you're wrong. Kendricks will go in the 2nd or 3rd. I'm willing to bet on it if you are.

I think most of our future 1st rounders (besides KA21) are either freshmen or playing in highschool right now

Keenan Allen, as previously mentioned. By far and away our best player, but not a sure first round pick yet.

After that, probably Moala, again, as mentioned. Maybe Treggs, if he turns into the Desean type player that we expect him to be.

Mychal Kendricks. Cal guys tend to move up once the NFL gets a chance to look at them individually.