Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bad would it have to get for Tedford to consider resigning?

How bad would it have to get for Tedford to consider resigning?

After all the talk about buy-outs and what not, I have to think there would be a point where Tedford would find it the 'honorable' thing to do and resign....

Would we have to lose out and finish 3-9? Would he stick around through next year and depart if we have a third straight losing season?

Just curious...

There's "honor" and then there's leaving millions of dollars on the table. I just can't see that ever happening.

Football coaches are hyper competitive people. There is no way he says I am a failure. He would think he could make it better.

Infinitely bad. Meaning, it would never happen.

Tedford isn't a quitter, so I don't expect him to resign in the foreseeable future.

There apparently was a player revolt around 1962 against marv Levy that certainly had something to do with his leaving the University. It would take a player revolt to get JT to resign. I don't think that would happen but the real sad thing is is that it would only take a few logical steps to right this program.

It would have to be 10 million dollars worth of bad ...

Not happening.

IMO Tedford will only quit for health reasons, specifically Stress (hypertension, insomnia, depression, etc).

Why slowly kill yourself over a game?

Teachers burnout all the time, but sometimes there's a health component to it all in the background.

EDIT: I consider Coach Tedford to be, first and foremost, a "Teacher" in every sense of the word, teaching valuable lessons to his Players/Students both on and off the field.
    Last edited by Our Domicile; 10-17-2011 at 05:28 PM.

FingeroftheBear
    Tedford ain't leaving until he gets to coach in the new CMS and gets an office in the new SAHPC.

CalReason

Next to impossible

Even if Cal finished 3-9, Tedford is not walking away from all that money, nor would he want to. It would take some years of futility for him to WANT to resign, and its moot because the school would (presumably) fire him far sooner than that.

Would Tedford except a parting gift in return for his resignation? Maybe, but not nearly as soon as a change is needed.

CubanPete
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeBearFan View Post
    After all the talk about buy-outs and what not, I have to think there would be a point where Tedford would find it the 'honorable' thing to do and resign....
    I think a lot of people just don't live in the real world when I read stuff like this.

OD, if Tedford is a "Teacher" then

Quote Originally Posted by Our Domicile View Post
    IMO Tedford will only quit for health reasons, specifically Stress (hypertension, insomnia, depression, etc).

Why slowly kill yourself over a game?

Teachers burnout all the time, but sometimes there's a health component to it all in the background.

EDIT: I consider Coach Tedford to be, first and foremost, a "Teacher" in every sense of the word, teaching valuable lessons to his Players/Students both on and off the field.
    then given the results of the program during his stewardship, he must be a tenured Professor of Mediocrity

I'm sure Tedford will re-sign another huge contract extension if Sandy offers him one, no matter how bad it gets.

This thread is neck-in neck with the one on whether Tedford regime is as bad as Holmoe's for most stupid premise of the season.