Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Kyle Boller be a Cinderella story?

True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Chelsea Drugstore, standing in line with Mr. Jimmy

Can Kyle Boller be a Cinderella story?

I am really rooting for Kyle. It would be a great tale of redemption if he defied the odds and played solid football for the Raiders. His Wikipedia bio shows there are potential nuggets of greatness in him. Failed players have been reborn with the Raiders in the past. Brandon Tierney on The Game trashed him viciously on this afternoon's show. Someone should send him a transcript of that broadcast to tick him off and motivate him. He needs to dig deep and get this done. He needs to call AR for spiritual guidance. Heck, his stats in Sunday's game mirrored Alex Smith's and Kyle has taken no snaps all regular season. I have a feeling he can get this done. It is his Jim Plunkett moment and he has to seize it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Boller

I Hope So

He got better as the game went on. With 4 OC's in 4 years at Cal, and Cable not giving him much of a shot, it would be great to see it happen.

Hilarious... But no chance. If he can just keeping handing off the ball to mcfadden and bush, and not throw too many picks, he might keep the starting job for 5-6 games, and extend his career as a backup for a few more years.

I'm hopeful that the erratic throws (ex: missing WIDE open DHB 20 yards downfield near the sideline) were a product of rust and that boller plays well. But I don't see jim plunkett II potential in him.

True Blue Golden Bear Phantomfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bearister View Post
    I am really rooting for Kyle. It would be a great tale of redemption if he defied the odds and played solid football for the Raiders. His Wikipedia bio shows there are potential nuggets of greatness in him. Failed players have been reborn with the Raiders in the past. Brandon Tierney on The Game trashed him viciously on this afternoon's show. Someone should send him a transcript of that broadcast to tick him off and motivate him. He needs to dig deep and get this done. He needs to call AR for spiritual guidance. Heck, his stats in Sunday's game mirrored Alex Smith's and Kyle has taken no snaps all regular season. I have a feeling he can get this done. It is his Jim Plunkett moment and he has to seize it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Boller
    If you mean loosing his glass slipper and having a prince come save him? Maybe... But I dont think he swings that way.

Great opportunity for KB. The only other QB on the Raider roster is Tyrelle Pryor, who is not going to be thrown into his first game action this Sunday unless KB goes down. Fortunately they are playing Kansas City at home. Let's hope that KB plays well and doesn't get the Raider boo-birds going.

no bear
    Quote Originally Posted by BeggarEd View Post
    Hilarious... But no chance. If he can just keeping handing off the ball to mcfadden and bush, and not throw too many picks, he might keep the starting job for 5-6 games, and extend his career as a backup for a few more years.

I'm hopeful that the erratic throws (ex: missing WIDE open DHB 20 yards downfield near the sideline) were a product of rust and that boller plays well. But I don't see jim plunkett II potential in him.
    Someone makes a hopeful statement about a Cal Alum on a Cal board and you DUMP on him? WTF? Are you so interested in being right that you prognosticate such tripe?

Then you backstep your language. You go from "Hilarious" and "No Chance" to "I Hope." Why?

Check your language. I've only just started posting recently but I want no part of a board that Bangs on a Cal alum who is a QB in the NFL.

Begger, you should really check your language.

Boller is not your problem.
    Last edited by SchadenBear; 10-17-2011 at 10:09 PM.

I think its definitely possible for Boller to be football's ryan vogelsong.

Quote Originally Posted by SchadenBear View Post
    Someone makes a hopeful statement about a Cal Alum on a Cal board and you DUMP on him? WTF? Are you so interested in being right that you prognosticate such tripe?

Then you backstep your language. You go from "Hilarious" and "No Chance" to "I Hope." Why?

Check your language. I've only just started posting recently but I want no part of a board that Bangs on a Cal alum who is a QB in the NFL.

Y so serious? You must be new here.

Welcome! I look forward to more of your rants.

no bear
    Really?

I'd say that such trashtalk about a CAL NFL QB would be verbotten. There are not too many schools with two in the league, let alone starting.

O'm a pretty dark person, but do you guys really hate yourselves?
    Last edited by SchadenBear; 10-17-2011 at 10:49 PM.

no bear
    Some male Cal fans need a hammer at puberty to bash in their nuts just in case they actually might procreate. Disappointment avoided.

Now is about the time that I thought Kyle would succeed in the NFL. The best comparison for late stage success in the NFL for a QB would be Tommy Maddox, Rich Gannon or maybe Jim Plunkett. Kyle has always had the arm and toughness. He needs touch on his short/medium passes and he needs to read the defenses better - two things that come with age for a lot of QBs. I wish him success.

Quote Originally Posted by SchadenBear View Post

You should stop stuffing rainbows up ur a$$ and take a timeout.

I've watched Boller through his time at Cal, while he was briefly a starter on the Ravens and now with the Raiders. We've all seen what he can do for roughly 12 years now. He's shown himself to be a good, but not great QB who has more career ints than TDs.

I think it is hilarious to compare Kyle Boller to Jim Plunkett based on a large amount of evidence available. But ****, he is a Golden Bear, so I hope he proves me wrong and plays lights out. Get it? I hardly call that unfairly 'dumping' on him.

In the meantime, everyone is entitled to their opinion so get off your soapbox. This isn't a cheerleading squad.

- note: I will happily eat my crow if Boller manages to secure a starting job for good and leads the Raiders to the playoffs.
    Last edited by BeggarEd; 10-18-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Unfortunately no. Looks like the Raiders are about to pickup Carson Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by BombEater98 View Post
    Unfortunately no. Looks like the Raiders are about to pickup Carson Palmer.
    Raiders giving up two first round picks for a noodle armed trogan? Oh well.

Let's hope KB shows well. It's exciting to see Cal players do well in the NFL and it would be a big plus for him to succeed right next door. Maybe he would be proud to have gone to Cal unlike a certain other QB and be a program booster. That would be nice for a change.