Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JT #4 on Coaches Hot Seat

True Blue Golden Bear BeachyBear's Avatar

JT #4 on Coaches Hot Seat

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/

After Saturday's crapfest, he moved ahead of Rick Neuheisel. He has a chance to move ahead of the #2 on the list - Wulff - in this week's game.

JT - on his way to be #1 in suck.

and Riley is #7. I think it is safe to say, it won't the lack of unqualified coaches that hurts his chance.

Definitely Strength of Schedule is working on our side
    Last edited by tommie317; 11-02-2011 at 02:49 PM.

If his target is the crapper, he's got a clear shot with no obsticles.

it actually makes sense for a lot of p12 coaches to be on the hot seat. Huge $$ coming our way which will help bring in coaching talent from other parts of the country. The problem is that unless the Pac starts beating teams from outside the region, it's kind of a zero sum game. It's hard due to geography, but figuring out how to play and then beat teams that aren't in the WAC or MWC is the best way to use better coaching to increase stature. Now that's hard because every SEC team has incentive to play the local directional school (in front of a sold out crowd) instead of a real team from out west that requires a home and home. And for f&cks sake, Oregon State just has to stop blowing games to OOC opponents and then get it figured out in time to beat Pac competition.

A lot of Tedford's downfall is absolutely not being able to get an efficient QB out, but another aspect is that the rest of the Pac has also upgraded coaches.

Some good news for the Pac 12...

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post
    And for f&cks sake, Oregon State just has to stop blowing games to OOC opponents and then get it figured out in time to beat Pac competition.
    Riley is also in the top ten in hottest seats. Could be a good year for getting rid of coaching deadwood and elevating the conference stature.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachyBear View Post
    Riley is also in the top ten in hottest seats. Could be a good year for getting rid of coaching deadwood and elevating the conference stature.
    This is hilarious to me -- that Riley is considered "deadwood" a year and a half out of being offered the USC job and turning it down in favor of a contract for life at Oregon State.

He's not going anywhere.

I don't think Riley's seat is nearly as hot as say Slick Ricks...or really anyone.

question for everyone here... say he were canned.. would Riley be a viable candidate at Cal?

And a hypothetical - would Riley do better with our current team than Tedford (I'm not sure Riley can recruit as well long term, so that's why I phrase it this way).

Riley was a pretty hot commodity at one point - I think Alabama offered him and didnt' USC want him at some point?

interesting to see that Maynard's former coach at Buffalo, Turner Gill is #6....coincidence!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DavisBear View Post
    interesting to see that Maynard's former coach at Buffalo, Turner Gill is #6....coincidence!!!!!
    speaking of turner gill... KU got bent over far worst than Cal did on his contract.

$2 million per year, buyout is full amount.... for a coach with no proven BCS record and a 20-30 record at the MAC level.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post
    I don't think Riley's seat is nearly as hot as say Slick Ricks...or really anyone.

question for everyone here... say he were canned.. would Riley be a viable candidate at Cal?

And a hypothetical - would Riley do better with our current team than Tedford (I'm not sure Riley can recruit as well long term, so that's why I phrase it this way).

Riley was a pretty hot commodity at one point - I think Alabama offered him and didnt' USC want him at some point?
    Yes -- Riley is an Alabama alum and coached at SC under Robinson, and was offered both jobs at different times.

That said, he isn't going anywhere. He is from Corvallis, he's passed up numerous opportunities to go to big money programs, and he has essentially a contract for life at Oregon State.

Even though Oregon State has been stinking up the joint for the last few seasons, for a period of about 30 years until the 2000s Oregon State was among the worst programs in college football. Even if they have a string of losing seasons under Riley, it will pale to the 28 years of futility they had from 1971-1998 (all losing seasons, 5 wins in 1998 was the most wins they had in a single season during that entire span).

Re Riley

Quote Originally Posted by maxer View Post
    This is hilarious to me -- that Riley is considered "deadwood" a year and a half out of being offered the USC job and turning it down in favor of a contract for life at Oregon State.

He's not going anywhere.
    And neither is his team...

If we get a halfway decent coach, Oregon State could be the Last Cupcake Standing.

WOW. We could nearly double the Boise State guys salary with what we pay Jeff the Coward.

Mike Riley has never coached the Beavers to fewer than 4 losses on a season. Remember that he has had two proven NFL quality QBs (Anderson and Moore) and one RB (Quizz) during his time, so its not like there is no talent up in Corvallis.

Not that he'd leave OSU anyway to come here, but we can do better.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/

After Saturday's crapfest, he moved ahead of Rick Neuheisel. He has a chance to move ahead of the #2 on the list - Wulff - in this week's game.

JT - on his way to be #1 in suck.
    The guy who runs this website is a hack. Has no idea what he's talking about.

I guarantee you there will be more than 10 coaches who are fired at the end of this year....and none of them will be Tedford. Or Riley. There is no way Tedford or Riley should be on Top 10 hot seats. Many coaches are ahead of them on the queue.