Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83

Thread: Cal - Georgia Game thread

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Real Bear GRRAAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beast Mode City, Washington
    Posts
    2,178

    Cal - Georgia Game thread

    can't make easy shots in the lane...big time jitters!

  2. #2
    ugly game on offense. Kravish is a stud. Bears havent found an "identity" yet for this specific game. Crabbe is a no show thus far.

  3. #3
    we look like shiet. Crabbe has gotten Patrick Christopher-itis and has disappeared...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by seattlebear02 View Post
    we look like shiet. Crabbe has gotten patrick christopher-itis and has disappeared...
    lol

  5. #5
    Real Bear GRRAAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beast Mode City, Washington
    Posts
    2,178

    End of Half Runs now our forte!!!

    14-0...yes!!

  6. #6
    Real Bear GRRAAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beast Mode City, Washington
    Posts
    2,178

    "great difference in athletic ability" from Game 1 says Knight

    what the hell does that mean, Bobby?

    What a P.O.S....dissing the Bears despite 25 pt lead.

    Die already, you bastard.

  7. #7
    Golden Bear CalBear68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill, California
    Posts
    5,759
    Quote Originally Posted by GRRAAH View Post
    what the hell does that mean, Bobby?

    What a P.O.S....dissing the Bears despite 25 pt lead.

    Die already, you bastard.
    What did that fat fock say? [I'm listening to game on radio]

  8. #8
    Loyal Bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East Bay, Northern California
    Posts
    4,892
    In other news .... the Ruins finally won a game .... against Chaminade

    Whoo hoo .... they are on their way

  9. #9
    Knight said during the first half that the Cal-Georgia game is a more athletic game than the Missouri game, so his comment in the second half meant the Cal game is the more athletic, not the other way around. I expected to hate Knight tonight, but I actually think he has spoken highly of Cal throughout the game. He did point out that the help on the ball screen by Cal was staying too long, but he was right about that. I think he has done a good job, and I would rather hear his commentary than the hyper-ventilating Dick Vitale... no, I'm still a fan of Vitale.

  10. #10
    Real Bear GRRAAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beast Mode City, Washington
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Knight said during the first half that the Cal-Georgia game is a more athletic game than the Missouri game, so his comment in the second half meant the Cal game is the more athletic, not the other way around. I expected to hate Knight tonight, but I actually think he has spoken highly of Cal throughout the game. He did point out that the help on the ball screen by Cal was staying too long, but he was right about that. I think he has done a good job, and I would rather hear his commentary than the hyper-ventilating Dick Vitale... no, I'm still a fan of Vitale.
    Well, I think the overall sentiment here - sans last comments - were not flattering toward us. But indeed, your point of general "energy" of announcing in incomparable; in an otherwise boring game, I'd still rather listen to Dickie V than fall asleep to Knight.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by GRRAAH View Post
    Well, I think the overall sentiment here - sans last comments - were not flattering toward us. But indeed, your point of general "energy" of announcing in incomparable; in an otherwise boring game, I'd still rather listen to Dickie V than fall asleep to Knight.
    I think Knight was fair to us, he pointed out our weakness' and what we were doing right. I think Knight really liked Jorge & Kravish. He was pointing out that Notre Dame was really slow compaired to our game thus the early blowout by Missouri. I have heard Knight a couple of times this year and think he has improved his color commentary.

  12. #12

    minutes

    I just saw the final stats, and was pleased to see Jorge with 26 minutes and Harper with 27. Hope we can keep those two fresh all season.

    Other major minutes were: Crabbe 33, Smith 25, Kravish 23, Solomon 22, and Cobbs 22. Nobody else had more than 7.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Knight said during the first half that the Cal-Georgia game is a more athletic game than the Missouri game, so his comment in the second half meant the Cal game is the more athletic, not the other way around. I expected to hate Knight tonight, but I actually think he has spoken highly of Cal throughout the game. He did point out that the help on the ball screen by Cal was staying too long, but he was right about that. I think he has done a good job, and I would rather hear his commentary than the hyper-ventilating Dick Vitale... no, I'm still a fan of Vitale.
    I agree completely. Some people around here just have to hate. If they can't hate on the team because it's playing well, then pick on the announcers. Really funny to see some of the haters totally misunderstand what Knight was saying tonight.

    He actually provided good basketball analysis instead of the hype and fluff meant for the mainstream viewer. Unfortunately the prime time game will probably go to Dickie V tomorrow.

  14. #14
    haha Georgia's Head Coach, Mark Fox ..."We're still learning what we can do and what we can't do," Fox said. "Unfortunately for this team, we have to do that in public."

    Great game Bears!

  15. #15
    It would be nice to graft the strengths of Vitale and Knight into one color commentator, but having them alternate is a very good combination, and a nice change of pace.

    I hated Knight until last night's Cal-Georgia game, but he won me over with his work on that game.

    For all his silliness, I love Vitale especially because, and my memory may be flawed, my recollection is that Vitale on ESPN was the principal motivating force that raised March Madness to the national phenomenon it has become.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •