Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cal Bowl Possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by drunkoski View Post
    And? Who said Uw was great?
    Yeah, you clearly do not get it.

If a team starts 6-0 against 6 bad teams and then plays the tougher end of the schedule and finishes 7-5, it's seen as a terrible season. But if a team starts 0-5 against tough teams and then wins 7 straight against bottom feeders, it is seen as a team on the rise.

Schedule timing is not taken into account nearly enough, imo. Pappys pointed out UW's tough finishing schedule, and I was pointing out that it doesn't matter because people do not pay attention to that, just as they have not to us in the past. I was not defending Tedford, though it is unsurprising you took it that way.

drunkoski
    I agree with your premise, but I don't agree that cal has been a victim of this. Unless you are counting non conference games, but most Pac 1212 teams play an easy nc schedule. How is this not a defense of Tedford? Did you read your post and its sarcasm? Who wouldn't consider this a defense?

Can our road win against Colorado pseudo-count

Do you think the bowl selection committees will look at our win against Colorado as a Pac-12 win when measuring the varying team options?

drunkoski
    We faded down the stretch in 04 as well. We just weren't the same team we were earlier in the season even though we continued to win.

ESPN decides that the 12th place SEC team is more deserving and changes the holiday bowl. We lose out to Ole Miss and they want a rematch against 11th place Kentucky!

Holiday Bowl - Ole Miss vs Kentucky

Helmet CalBears.com Bowl Listings

These are the only bowls listed at http://www.calbears.com/sports/m-foo...112211aab.html

Gildan New Mexico Bowl - Albuquerque, N.M., Saturday, Dec. 17, 11 a.m. PT/12 noon MT
    MAACO Las Vegas Bowl - Las Vegas, Nev., Thursday, Dec. 22, 5 p.m. PT
    Hyundai Sun Bowl - El Paso, Texas, Saturday, Dec. 31, 11 a.m. PT/12 noon MT
    Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl - San Francisco, Calif., Saturday, Dec. 31, 12:30 p.m. PT

Will this list be changed by 11/29 to order bowl tickets?

Go Bears!
    Richard

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by SonomanA1 View Post
    These are the only bowls listed at http://www.calbears.com/sports/m-foo...112211aab.html

Gildan New Mexico Bowl - Albuquerque, N.M., Saturday, Dec. 17, 11 a.m. PT/12 noon MT
    MAACO Las Vegas Bowl - Las Vegas, Nev., Thursday, Dec. 22, 5 p.m. PT
    Hyundai Sun Bowl - El Paso, Texas, Saturday, Dec. 31, 11 a.m. PT/12 noon MT
    Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl - San Francisco, Calif., Saturday, Dec. 31, 12:30 p.m. PT

Will this list be changed by 11/29 to order bowl tickets?

Go Bears!
    Richard