Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions on where to watch Holiday Bowl in Bay Area?

just do an advanced search for a word that is in here that doesn't come up very often on this board, like "Brickyard", it will bring the thread out.

Quote Originally Posted by jamjr View Post
    I've never been, but I heard it's the best Cal friendly bar in the city. Verification anyone?
    It is but I don't believe it's open on weekends. It should be open on the 28th though for the Holiday Bowl. It would also be a decent choice to watch the game, and yes, I think you could call it "Cal friendly" since the place is populated with Cal fans the Friday before every Big Game, including much of the Cal Band, with instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaHorn View Post
    Yes - used to be Blue Light (and Final Final before that) - but I believe it was this year they switched to Brickyard. I've not been so I don't know what the turnout typically is, but it usually was pretty good at Blue Light and Final Final - I would think so for this one as well.
    I went to Brickyard with a couple friends (1 a UT alum) for the Texass Oklahoma State game, and was quite impressed with the Hooker Whores fans. Every first down elicited a roar like it was a game winning TD. Pity they didn't get more of those...

They are good folks, but unless Cal has 2/3 of the Brickyard, it will seem like the UT bar that it normally is this year...loud proud bunch.

That's the problem with watching Cal sports in the City, a whole lot of transplants from other schools mixed with the hordes of yuppie neutrals who don't give a crap about college sports...

Stevie (Northstar) also owns Kelly's.

Quote Originally Posted by bearwithfangs View Post
    Anyone have any East Bay suggestions for some friends?
    I've always like Stadium Pub in Walnut Creek. Not fancy but a good spot for football watching

I'll copy the thread there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNoodle View Post
    If I bookmark this thread for future reference and come back to look for it in a year or two will it still be here? Can this be saved in the food and drink board ?
    GO BEARS !!!