Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Did something happen to Maynard?

Did something happen to Maynard?

I was reading the CGB post on Shaq, McCarthy, and Payton and saw on the comment section that Maynard might be out for the first four games. Anyone have any info about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian The Cal Bear View Post
    I was reading the CGB post on Shaq, McCarthy, and Payton and saw on the comment section that Maynard might be out for the first four games. Anyone have any info about this?
    I just saw the same thing from HCB...

Sounds like a suspension, or an injury with a 9-10 month recovery time?

I posted this earlier and it was deleted post haste...it was my mistake and I shouldn't have...I think you should delete the thread and not comment anymore until MB gives us the info....I goofed and was roundly hit over the head.... delete this post haste baby.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    I posted this earlier and it was deleted post haste...it was my mistake and I shouldn't have...I think you should delete the thread and not comment anymore until MB gives us the info....I goofed and was roundly hit over the head.... delete this post haste baby.....
    It's too late bro... the idea has been planted... inception has begun

Why delete this post? There is a post about this on the insider board too...

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian The Cal Bear View Post
    HCB usually has very credible info. Based on the time of year and 4 games, sounds like an academic issue. At least some of the other QB's can get some serious reps. And we may see the future of the team keep the job.

How is this post a goof? Deleting it only adds fuel to the speculative fire.

It's also a sure-fire way to send eye balls to competing sites.

Quote Originally Posted by atticus View Post
    How is this post a goof? Deleting it only adds fuel to the speculative fire.
    I posted this same info about 4 hours ago...yes, I was on top of it quite awhile ago......it stayed up for 1/2 hour and then one of the mods deleted it...that is what I'm saying....I don't personally care and HCB usually is somewhat credible but no one knows what is going on and I think the Mods don't want baseless rumors out there....

I'm only telling you what happened when I posted the same thread awhile ago... someone on high doesn't want this out on the FREE board......OK? People are already going to go to competing sites now that it is out anyway......I'm not ordering anyone to do this, just passing on what happened to me.
    Last edited by Cal_Fan2; 01-08-2012 at 03:45 PM.

If true, this may create an awkward situation where a large percentage of a fan base is actually happy that the starting qb is suddenly unavailable for the start of the upcoming season...

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    I posted this same info about 4 hours ago...yes, I was on top of it quite awhile ago......it stayed up for 1/2 hour and then one of the mods deleted it...that is what I'm saying....I don't personally care and HCB usually is somewhat credible but no one knows what is going on and I think the Mods don't want baseless rumors out there....

I'm only telling you what happened when I posted the same thread awhile ago... someone on high doesn't want this out on the FREE board......OK? People are already going to go to competing sites now that it is out anyway......I'm not ordering anyone to do this, just passing on what happened to me.
    Relax. Wasn't trying to attack you.

At risk of sounding ignorant, what is HCB? I swear I know of and check every CAL and/or recruiting site and don't know what HCB refers to. Also, while I am asking; what is 'growls'? I see that site referred to as well on BI, but I still don't know what it is. Someone please bring me up to speed.

Graci

Quote Originally Posted by atticus View Post
    Relax. Wasn't trying to attack you.
    thanks..I'm totally relaxed atticus, I'm just putting some emphasis on it since I already got spanked.

Quote Originally Posted by MT211 View Post
    At risk of sounding ignorant, what is HCB? I swear I know of and check every CAL and/or recruiting site and don't know what HCB refers to. Also, while I am asking; what is 'growls'? I see that site referred to as well on BI, but I still don't know what it is. Someone please bring me up to speed.

Graci
    Growls is the free board...this one. HCB is HappyCheerBear over on the free Scout site. He usually has similar info to what MB has.

Doesn't mean you did anything "wrong" just that the mods didn't like it.

But anyway, I would not like to see Maynard lose the job this way. Just sounds like a set up for yet another QB controversey and more conspiratorial speculation about Tedford once Zach comes back. Ugh.