Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Arik Armstead

Arik Armstead

Irish fan here (not a troll), just wondering what you guys know about Arik Armstead's upcoming decision? I know he's deciding in a few days and his brother's decision might impact his commitment. You already beat us out for Shaq and Treggs, so hoping 3rd tries the charm but just wondering what you guys were hearing.

Thanks.

we like our chances a lot.

welcome to the board. wondering what your thoughts on Yuri Wright are. sounds like he will give us a visit, but i'd heard that ND was in good with him.

You beat us out for Tee Shepard and a few other guys as well, so don't act like you're coming in 0-2 or anything

After Shaq announced he went over to Arik... we're hoping that means good things for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBear View Post
    we like our chances a lot.

welcome to the board. wondering what your thoughts on Yuri Wright are. sounds like he will give us a visit, but i'd heard that ND was in good with him.
    Thanks,

I don't read any premium info, but from what I hear we have a good shot with Yuri now that Michigan appears to have cooled on him. Hard to tell how much of a threat Cal will be because to my knowledge, you guys just popped up this weekend for Yuri. I follow irishenvy.com and the reason I ask about Arik is because as of late and primarily due to his brother's interest in transferring to ND (maybe) a few of the members seem to think we also have a great chance of getting Arik and his brother. Personally, I'd be surprised if he didn't choose Cal, but like I said, I don't know anything outside of what everyone else hears.
    Last edited by Irishja; 01-10-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elpbear View Post
    You beat us out for Tee Shepard and a few other guys as well, so don't act like you're coming in 0-2 or anything

After Shaq announced he went over to Arik... we're hoping that means good things for us.
    actually, Arik was just holding Shaq's helmet for him while he announced. he went over to get it back

Quote Originally Posted by elpbear View Post

Haha, touche, although I didn't know Cal was ever a major player for Tee/Deontay? Anyways, here's to you guys finally taking back recruiting from U$C.

To add to the Yuri question, we're hoping that the commitment from Schummate will help. Also, twice while out at the all-star game, Yuri was spotted wearing a ND hat, for what it's worth. He also said he was 'amazed' after his visit to ND, but it was his first visit I believe so take it for what it's worth I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishja View Post
    Thanks,

I don't read any premium info, but from what I hear we have a good shot with Yuri now that Michigan appears to have cooled on him. Hard to tell how much of a threat Cal will be because to my knowledge, you guys just popped up this weekend for Yuri. I follow irishenvy.com and the reason I ask about Arik is because as of late and primarily due to his brother's interest in transferring to ND (maybe) a lot of the members seem to think we also have a great chance of getting Arik and his brother. Personally, I'd be shocked if he didn't choose Cal, but like I said, I don't know anything outside of what everyone else hears.
    we didn't pop up recently for wright. he was talking about C all year long and wanted to OV, but after he scheduled it a month or so back, he then changed his mind and instead planned only on visiting Colorado, Michigan, and ND. now after the Army game, Wrights interest in Cal has picked up again, probably due to Cal's momentum and bc Hamilton is also considering us

Hard to tell how much of a threat Cal will be because to my knowledge, you guys just popped up this weekend for Yuri.
    We've been in it for a very long time with Yuri, but more hanging around the fringes than a big player. Very recently he decided to switch one of his last official visits from Georgia to Cal. Getting a kid on campus for a visit is a very big deal, particularly for someone so far away, but hard to say how big of a deal it might be. Maybe he's serious or maybe he just wants a free trip to Cali in the winter. We have a lot of need at CB so I don't think lack of available PT as a frosh will be a problem.

We like our chances w/ AA.

There are a few moving parts that could affect his decision tho:

1. EE or not to EE? This week is a nearing deadline
    2. More visits? If so, don't EE.
    3. Where is his brother going?
    4. Wants to play Basketball (not just a whim, he really does and intends to)

Irish fan here (not a troll), just wondering what you guys know about Arik Armstead's upcoming decision? I know he's deciding in a few days and his brother's decision might impact his commitment. You already beat us out for Shaq and Treggs, so hoping 3rd tries the charm but just wondering what you guys were hearing.

Thanks.
    Don't know how much his brother's decision will impact Arik as far as ND and Cal go. I believe there are rumbles that 1) He can't enter either ND or Cal for Grad Admit or 2) USC has blocked Armond from both campuses (douchebags!!!).

Quote Originally Posted by beeasyed View Post
    we didn't pop up recently for wright. he was talking about C all year long and wanted to OV, but after he scheduled it a month or so back, he then changed his mind and instead planned only on visiting Colorado, Michigan, and ND. now after the Army game, Wrights interest in Cal has picked up again, probably due to Cal's momentum and bc Hamilton is also considering us
    I see. Then all bets are off if you get the visit I'd say. But I know he really liked ND and his visit. Cal is hot right now, so who knows. I'd say he's Irish though (unless Michigan wants him).

Any info you guys have on Arik? I know he has had Cal right at the top for a while, and with the class you guys have already/proximity from home, I would be surprised if he doesn't choose Cal. Is that basically what you guys know or do you know more?

I see. Then all bets are off if you get the visit I'd say. But I know he really liked ND and his visit. Cal is hot right now, so who knows. I'd say he's Irish though (unless Michigan wants him).

Any info you guys have on Arik? I know he has had Cal right at the top for a while, and with the class you guys have already/proximity from home, I would be surprised if he doesn't choose Cal. Is that basically what you guys know or do you know more?
    I think ND has the inside track on Yuri....Cal is just making a late push. From every source I've seen, Arik is coming to Cal...even some of the USC mods have said the same...he'll make his decision before Friday I hear so we'll know soon...welcome to Bear Insider too

Well, something we can all agree on is that $C is filled with a bunch of douchebags.