Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Arik Armstead

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    I think ND has the inside track on Yuri....Cal is just making a late push. From every source I've seen, Arik is coming to Cal...even some of the USC mods have said the same...he'll make his decision before Friday I hear so we'll know soon...welcome to Bear Insider too
    Thanks and I agree. did you guys make anything out of Arik not announcing at the all-star game? It just seemed like with Shaq and Payton announcing (and there was someone else, wasn't there?), it would have been a perfect time for Arik to announce too.

The brothers want to play together, and they want to go to Cal. Recently got the word older brother won't be able to enter Cal and play as a grad student.

So it will come down to will Arik follow to his brother's ultimate destination for one year, or stick with Cal. I still like our chances (with family about an hour away & strong connection with our coaching staff), but don't know how strong their desire is to play together.

Cal's been pretty good recruiting, but handicapped with amongst the worst Div I facilitles, but now this year, finally with new facilities, our facilities are a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishja View Post
    Thanks and I agree. did you guys make anything out of Arik not announcing at the all-star game? It just seemed like with Shaq and Payton announcing (and there was someone else, wasn't there?), it would have been a perfect time for Arik to announce too.
    The family was waiting to hear about Armond in my opinion. Wants to visit Auburn this weekend where Armond can go. Think one year with Armond doesn't out weigh 3+ years with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishja View Post
    Arik was never going to announce at the Army game. He and his dad were on the fence whether to enroll early for awhile but our main guy here, Moraga Bear says he'll announce on or before Friday now and become and EE.

I figured he wanted to wait as long as possible to see what develops with his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
    I figured he wanted to wait as long as possible to see what develops with his brother.
    I hope we avoid another one of those "brother" things unless both are 4* or higher.

^ which is the case here......................................

Quote Originally Posted by 68great View Post
    I hope we avoid another one of those "brother" things unless both are 4* or higher.
    I like brother things...

Signed Syd'Quan Thompson

I thought the idea was for AA to announce after the Army game to keep momentum going . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 68great View Post
    You dislike Maynard enough that you wish Keenan Allen wasn't on our team?

Arik and his family are very serious about his basketball career. This is not based on anything I've heard from Arik's camp, but just from my own perspective, I can't see why the Armstead family would want to fly all over the Big East for 3-4 years to watch Arik play basketball. Cal is 1-1.5 hours away from where they live.

A request to our Irish friend...

First of all, I'm a big fan of your lovely country. I love the occasional Irish Car Bomb and I'm a huge fan of the band Gaelic Storm.

That said, we could really use your help. As you likely know, USC is populated by a large population of douchebags, particularly when it comes to their football team. Part of that douchiness comes from the fact that they seem to have the upper hand in their rivalry with you all because, for whatever reason, they think it's a national rivalry and that people around the country actually give a hoot. It would help us out a lot if you just won a few games every now and then. You're a good ways away in Indiana, but those of us in California have to live, work and play with these people. Oh sure, we could win a few games ourselves, don't get me wrong. But we all need to do our part.

Egbert, have you been drinking again?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSouseFamily View Post
    First of all, I'm a big fan of your lovely country. I love the occasional Irish Car Bomb and I'm a huge fan of the band Gaelic Storm.

That said, we could really use your help. As you likely know, USC is populated by a large population of douchebags, particularly when it comes to their football team. Part of that douchiness comes from the fact that they seem to have the upper hand in their rivalry with you all because, for whatever reason, they think it's a national rivalry and that people around the country actually give a hoot. It would help us out a lot if you just won a few games every now and then. You're a good ways away in Indiana, but those of us in California have to live, work and play with these people. Oh sure, we could win a few games ourselves, don't get me wrong. But we all need to do our part.
    Lol. Love this

Quote Originally Posted by elpbear View Post
    You dislike Maynard enough that you wish Keenan Allen wasn't on our team?

Let's just say ( tongue in cheek kinda ), a deal with the devil is just that