Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59

Thread: Tosh to Decide About UW Offer By Tomorrow?

  1. #1
    Real Bear bear1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,646

    Tosh to Decide About UW Offer By Tomorrow?

    According to this source (no idea how credible it is), Tosh has until tomorrow to make a decision on the "generous offer" put on the table by UW. Not sure why a source within the Cal FB program close enough to the situation would release that info to a UW journalist. Just reporting what I read.

    TylerJCoughlin
    @Tyler Coughlin

    Just was able to confirm from a source within the Cal FB program, that UW has indeed thrown a "very generous" offer to Tosh Lupoi. Apparently, Tosh has been given until tomorrow to make his decision. Wasn't able to determine if that deadline was set by UW or Cal.


    Also, Tosh speaking on playing/coaching at the same school: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OzGDETOLVE#t=05m32s

  2. #2
    Loyal Bear maxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,488
    Nonsense.

  3. #3
    the guy has 20 followers. safe to say, he isnt credible at all

  4. #4
    He already turned it down. He'd have to change his mind if he decided to go to UW.

  5. #5
    Real Bear brj1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    971

    and when tomorrow comes

    he will have to decide by Saturday

  6. #6
    Real Bear
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    783
    They are just working out the transition details, Tosh is going to take the UW job and Tedford has already hired Kevin Daft as the new D line coach. It's all going down Saturday .

  7. #7
    True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Island of Manhattan
    Posts
    13,349
    Lmfao

  8. #8
    Real Bear bear1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    He already turned it down. He'd have to change his mind if he decided to go to UW.
    Thanks MB!

  9. #9
    True Blue Golden Bear Cal88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,754
    Tosh will probably get a head coaching offer in the future, that would be the only way we lose him.

  10. #10
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal88 View Post
    Tosh will probably get a head coaching offer in the future, that would be the only way we lose him.
    He needs to be a coordinator first.

  11. #11
    Real Bear Ace4eVer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,537
    Great! I'll sleep well tonight and not worry about JT calling me to make a donation to save Tosh. Seriously, if we got to the point where JT's calling me we've lost!

    This is recruiting 2.0 now. Instead of asking why recruits want to come here, now they'll be asking why Tosh wants to stay here.

    Thanks for the info MB.

  12. #12
    Loyal Bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,608
    Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    He needs to be a coordinator first.
    I disagree. I think he can go straight to being a head coach.

  13. #13
    no bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Looperbear View Post
    I disagree. I think he can go straight to being a head coach.
    It is not unheard of for position coaches at BCS schools to become head coaches at non-BCS schools (NFL position coach to head coach is probably more common), but it is not a common route, nor would I expect it to be an overly successful one.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    He already turned it down. He'd have to change his mind if he decided to go to UW.
    I admit, I am a sunshine pumper, but I like preparing for the worst. Any idea what we can do if Tosh changes him mind?

  15. #15
    Active Bear
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by BearLA View Post
    I admit, I am a sunshine pumper, but I like preparing for the worst. Any idea what we can do if Tosh changes him mind?
    Cry havoc?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •