Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tosh to Decide About UW Offer By Tomorrow?

Tosh to Decide About UW Offer By Tomorrow?

According to this source (no idea how credible it is), Tosh has until tomorrow to make a decision on the "generous offer" put on the table by UW. Not sure why a source within the Cal FB program close enough to the situation would release that info to a UW journalist. Just reporting what I read.

TylerJCoughlin
    @Tyler Coughlin

Just was able to confirm from a source within the Cal FB program, that UW has indeed thrown a "very generous" offer to Tosh Lupoi. Apparently, Tosh has been given until tomorrow to make his decision. Wasn't able to determine if that deadline was set by UW or Cal.

Also, Tosh speaking on playing/coaching at the same school: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OzGDETOLVE#t=05m32s

the guy has 20 followers. safe to say, he isnt credible at all

He already turned it down. He'd have to change his mind if he decided to go to UW.

and when tomorrow comes

he will have to decide by Saturday

They are just working out the transition details, Tosh is going to take the UW job and Tedford has already hired Kevin Daft as the new D line coach. It's all going down Saturday .

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    He already turned it down. He'd have to change his mind if he decided to go to UW.
    Thanks MB!

Tosh will probably get a head coaching offer in the future, that would be the only way we lose him.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal88 View Post
    Tosh will probably get a head coaching offer in the future, that would be the only way we lose him.
    He needs to be a coordinator first.

Great! I'll sleep well tonight and not worry about JT calling me to make a donation to save Tosh. Seriously, if we got to the point where JT's calling me we've lost!

This is recruiting 2.0 now. Instead of asking why recruits want to come here, now they'll be asking why Tosh wants to stay here.

Thanks for the info MB.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    He needs to be a coordinator first.
    I disagree. I think he can go straight to being a head coach.

SacCityBear
    Quote Originally Posted by Looperbear View Post
    I disagree. I think he can go straight to being a head coach.
    It is not unheard of for position coaches at BCS schools to become head coaches at non-BCS schools (NFL position coach to head coach is probably more common), but it is not a common route, nor would I expect it to be an overly successful one.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    I admit, I am a sunshine pumper, but I like preparing for the worst. Any idea what we can do if Tosh changes him mind?

Quote Originally Posted by BearLA View Post
    I admit, I am a sunshine pumper, but I like preparing for the worst. Any idea what we can do if Tosh changes him mind?
    Cry havoc?