Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT: Hate Hairball but WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Looperbear View Post
    Harbaugh was 2-2 v. Tedford.
    Thanks for the reminder but I would still take Harbaugh over Tedford. Harbaugh also kicked the crap out of USC. And if you want to get specific about it he kicked our @ss too. Thankfully we still had Jahvid around when Harbaugh was a 1st year coach at the Farm. The next year he shocked the hell out of us with that win and it wasn't really close. His next win was the highest score differential for Stanford in a Big Game win and he definitely took his foot off of the pedal. They could have scored 100 that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Letsroll View Post
    And yet Pritchard beat USC when Stanford was a 48 point underdog.

That's something that Rodgers (added), Longshore, Ayoob, (Reed and Levy and Mansion never played against SC), Riley, and Maynard haven't been able to do.
    But Robertson did.
    Last edited by calumnus; 01-14-2012 at 06:24 PM.

no bear
    Quote Originally Posted by 510Bear View Post
    Agreed. Smith has had to eat more s**t each year than most pro athletes have to eat in their entire careers. I wouldn't have been surprised if he went all Dennis Rodman on us, yet he remained a class act. Good for him finally getting his Moment.

I'm calling it right now: Cal vs. Utah in BB tonight is an omen. If Cal wins, AR and the Pack win next week. If Utah wins, bet on the 9ers and Smith.
    When they pay you $50 million it's pretty easy not to get to wound up by the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by calumnus View Post
    But Robertson did.
    Thanks for the reminder. That is why I didn't include him in the list. That win seems like ancient history right now probably because it is.

Thanks for the reminder but I would still take Harbaugh over Tedford. Harbaugh also kicked the crap out of USC. And if you want to get specific about it he kicked our @ss too. Thankfully we still had Jahvid around when Harbaugh was a 1st year coach at the Farm. The next year he shocked the hell out of us with that win and it wasn't really close. His next win was the highest score differential for Stanford in a Big Game win and he definitely took his foot off of the pedal. They could have scored 100 that day.
    I think you should get a room and blow off some steam with your little Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    ya Hairball....you aren't smart, you only just beat the New Orleans Saints... Hairball is NOT the Furd coach anymore. You don't have to hate him so much.. even if he does have a whacko personality....he WINS .....some of the whiners on her sound like little school girls who lost their pigtail ribbons....jeesh....
    cause I root for the silver and black. I mean I LIke when the niners win but, in the end, give me the Raiders any day of the week.

no bear
    Quote Originally Posted by FingeroftheBear View Post
    Hairball is a good coach but he can't turn average players into great ones...or Tavita Pritchard would have been a Heisman candidate.
    Picking top 10 in the NFL draft for ten straight years does not hurt your ability to suddenly succeed in the NFL.

Poor coaching certainly does hurt your ability to succeed in the NFL. Note that Nolan, Singeltary, Erickson, and Turner have never succeeded in the NFL. And only Turner has been a head coach after a stint with the niners, and even at SD he's sucked.

It is no surprise that this resurgence was not part of the whiner's attempt to get a new football stadium built. Bust for 5-6 years so that you can accumulate talent for a new opening.

Quote Originally Posted by elpbear View Post
    I think you should get a room and blow off some steam with your little Harbaugh.
    So I take it you are happy beating USC 1 out of 9 times?

no bear
    So I take it you are happy beating USC 1 out of 9 times?
    Happy like haha, or happy like ha ha?

You have the order wrong.

2007 - They shocked us while we were in our horrible spiral with gimpy Longshore. IMO, this is less about Harbaugh being good and more about our team's psyche being shot at that point.
    2008 - We kicked their @ss with Jahvid Best, and it wasn't close after halftime.
    2009 - We shocked the hell out of them, with Mohamed the Prophet's interception to seal it. Clearly outplayed the 'Furd in that game too, though most were expecting them to win in their house.
    2010 - They blew us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Looperbear View Post
    And Tedford beat Oregon at Oregon with Longshore, something Harbaugh couldn't do with Luck and beat Stanford with Riley v. Luck.
    +1 ...negabears have v selective memory, good to remind them...

Quote Originally Posted by HungryCalBear View Post
    I'm scared for Rodgers and team next week now!!! Wow Hairball just infuses confidence into his team.

Provided the Packers win tomorrow, who do you root for? Niners or Rodgers?
    Rodgers over the niners not even debatable...this matchup is not what I ever wanted to see, assuming the Packers get past the Giants..a big gauntlet to the SB again this year for the Packers...coach's tragedy vs peaking underachieving Giants, then vs the Niners and the Alex Smith 2005 draft- Harbaugh back story, and then likely the Pats,..pitting the two statistically-worst Ds and arguably the two best QBs in the NFL...If AR has an off game against the niners and loses, ugh we will never hear the end of it..good news Niners have to travel to Lambeau, hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by upsetof86 View Post
    +1 ...negabears have v selective memory, good to remind them...
    OK. So Harbuagh didn't take them to a Rose Bowl and neither did JT. That should make all of the sunshine pumpers happy.

As a life long 49ers fan, holy smokes! I don't know what to say other than what a difference coaching makes.. What a game!

Quote Originally Posted by glb78 View Post
    As a life long 49ers fan, holy smokes! I don't know what to say other than what a difference coaching makes.. What a game!
    But just remember. It had nothing to do with Harbaugh.