Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: I've wanted JT gone for years, BUT

18 months later? Really? Ridiculous scenario - I was pissed at my boss 18 months ago - so he told me that I was great, gave me a 25% increase right after that, and then a year later offered to double my salary to about what my boss was making...so screw him!!

I'll just say this: It's worse than the original narrative.

I get being underappreciated and all the ramifications that come with it but when you clear out in the middle of the night with no warning and are immediately in contact with recruits that morning when your employers don't even know yet and start not only recruiting for your new program the guys you recruited for Cal but tell them, "DON'T GO TO CAL?"

That and other actions make this an irreparable rift, imo.

24 hours ago I thought the people saying this were a bit naive, but now.....maybe we really are better off without this individual.

(I'm with MB, why mention him by name?)

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post

I get being underappreciated and all the ramifications that come with it but when you clear out in the middle of the night with no warning and are immediately in contact with recruits that morning when your employers don't even know yet and start not only recruiting for your new program the guys you recruited for Cal but tell them, "DON'T GO TO CAL?"

Yeah, in rereading my original post Tosh comes out better than I thought or hoped. It really is worse than that, as you say. Had to keep some things private, but as you say, Tosh did some reprehensable things wrt to timing and trust. I think it was an orchestrated attack by Sark and co. As I said earlier, he is dead to me and I am certain the athletic dept. as well.

Is there any NCAA rule about this kind of behavior. I would love it if the NCAA came down on Tra$$$$h and laid down a few year recruiting ban

Wow!!!! This guy is horrible!!!

Do you have any explanation for this behavior? It just seems like there must be something we're not hearing...

Quote Originally Posted by afroski View Post
    Do you have any explanation for this behavior? It just seems like there must be something we're not hearing...
    If no one minds my baseless speculation, I would have to guess Pendergast (who is pretty much Tosh's boss) and Tosh didn't get along, especially since the Oregon thing.

Once it became clear Pendergast wasn't moving on from Cal quickly and Tosh wasn't going to be DC for awhile, he began executing his exit plan with a vengeance.

But I'm probably wrong. I have another theory involving free puppies.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski87 View Post
    18 months later? Really? Ridiculous scenario - I was pissed at my boss 18 months ago - so he told me that I was great, gave me a 25% increase right after that, and then a year later offered to double my salary to about what my boss was making...so screw him!!
    Sure he was PO'd and this is a CYA move but this is also a veiled threat by Tra$h Lupaid: I know where the bodies are buried. Don't mess with me.

Quote Originally Posted by LessMilesMoreTedford View Post
    If no one minds my baseless speculation, I would have to guess Pendergast (who is pretty much Tosh's boss) and Tosh didn't get along, especially since the Oregon thing.

Once it became clear Pendergast wasn't moving on from Cal quickly and Tosh wasn't going to be DC for awhile, he began executing his exit plan with a vengeance.

Cool so now when Sark gets fired after Udub is unable to win more then 7 8 games in the next 3 years, Tosh wont even have a job

Quote Originally Posted by LessMilesMoreTedford View Post

I don't think the rift has anything to do with CP. More Tosh/JT. As I said earlier, I think it could be a number of reasons why the problem existed, but they had a problem. The timing of it and way it was handled seems to me to be a clear f you to JT. He was supposed to take a flight Monday morning to meet JT to go recruit. Instead he left JT a message saying he was gone, all the while recruiting against him and Cal. I should have hit him harder in the OP but I wanted to keep some stuff out. Now I'm just pissed... Even more. F Tosh.

Helpful outline in this thread of how it transpired and the sequence.

We are all left to guess as to why he was so spiteful/angry- reeks of unprofessionalism/immaturity- since we all seem to believe he genuinely adored the institution.

Quote Originally Posted by alarsuel View Post
    I don't think the rift has anything to do with CP. More Tosh/JT. As I said earlier, I think it could be a number of reasons why the problem existed, but they had a problem. The timing of it and way it was handled seems to me to be a clear f you to JT. He was supposed to take a flight Monday morning to meet JT to go recruit. Instead he left JT a message saying he was gone, all the while recruiting against him and Cal. I should have hit him harder in the OP but I wanted to keep some stuff out. Now I'm just pissed... Even more. F Tosh.
    The flight to nowhere is epic stuff. More of this needs to come out and those clowns need to sweat some now. We can't just let them hit the ground running and move on to business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by alarsuel View Post
    Yeah, in rereading my original post Tosh comes out better than I thought or hoped. It really is worse than that, as you say. Had to keep some things private, but as you say, Tosh did some reprehensable things wrt to timing and trust. I think it was an orchestrated attack by Sark and co. As I said earlier, he is dead to me and I am certain the athletic dept. as well.
    Any elaboration on the orchestrated attack point?

I have half a mind to figure out where all these recruits (Cal recruits) live and just trail Lupoi for two weeks heckling him as he walks up to each kid's door for his (second) official visit. If only I didn't have a job...

Somebody please make this post sticky!!!