Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I've wanted JT gone for years, BUT

Quote Originally Posted by davetdds View Post
    How can any recruit believe him anymore. It's like going out with a girl who cheated on her spouse. What do you think she is going to do to you???? Douchebag Tosh
    Ed Orgeron does fine, and he's as big a douchenozzle as there is in the biz.

People forget when it comes to the top recruits, it's all about telling them what they want to hear, and telling their parents what they want to hear. Past history doesn't mean as much as do the same four things: Playing time, getting to the NFL, bona fide credentials, and personable relations.

Tosh has all those four things. We'll see what he can do to recruit up there. Cal needs to find a good recruiter who can do the same things he did.

I don't know the details but understand if it may be the case that Tosh felt like he was thrown "under the bus."

But where people like Tepper and Silver are in the wrong is the suggestion that because he felt that way that it's ok to f*ck Cal over in the harshest way possible. Outside on something illegal, this is pretty darn close to it. If he felt that strongl about it, he should've left at the end of last season.

Considering he left without saying a word to Tedford or his recruits, it makes him look shady injury ate or not. I don't know if the story told here is true but it seems in line with the tweets from players.

In short, if you feel you've been wronged there is an ethical way to handle it and the unethical way. Tosh chose a way that will make sure he's never welcome on te Cal campus again.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlebear02 View Post
    Someone send this to Ted Miller. Tosh needs to get exposed.
    Someone send this to #calgang!!!

This accounting lines up with the fact that Tedford and Coach Thompson had Lupoi doing an in-home visit for Cal the night before he switched. No way Tedford and Coach Thompson have a potential UW coach do an in-home visit with a recruit who had UW in his top 3. If reports were swirling that UW was going hard after Tosh, Tedford and Coach Thompson had to be sure that Tosh was all Cal before sending him to see Shaq.

If it did go down this way, it's disappointing to see him be so deceitful. No matter how it went down, it was disappointing to hear that he reached out to recruit Shaq to UW before telling his DL players at Cal that he was leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by davetdds View Post
    This. If this is the story than Tosh's integrity and loyalty are sh#t
    That's just lame! He went to school here, how do you do your freakin school you went to and played for wrong like that? He's got no integrity is right, especially if it went down the most are saying it did.

Go Bears!

Someone needs to send this to shaq.

Perhaps this is Tosh's way of getting back at Cal for making him take the fall. I'm sure Sark reminded him of it only about ten million times.

Still awful.

Quote Originally Posted by freshfunk View Post
    Someone needs to send this to shaq.
    JT can do it himself if he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by LessMilesMoreTedford View Post
    Perhaps this is Tosh's way of getting back at Cal for making him take the fall. I'm sure Sark reminded him of it only about ten million times.

Still awful.
    I am now thinking the fall had nothing to do with it, if it did that is so fuc#ing childish to the nth degree. I think $$ got to his brain, and all decency,integrity, and accountabilityt went out the damn window. It will come back to him a thousand fold. Mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by drunkoski View Post
    So he played hard ball with Tosh and Tosh took him at his word
    No. You're not getting it. When an employee gets a competing offer, if they would prefer to stay at their current place they say "listen, I got this offer, but if you can match it I'll stay". That's what Tosh did. It is common practice that once that happens, that's it -- the guy stays. It is NOT common practice, and looked down upon (at least in business, which is what I can speak to) to then go to the other company and "shop the offer" -- "they matched it, can you do any better?". That is an unethical practice in and of itself.

IF Lupoi did in fact do this (putting aside the timing, potential recruiting for Washington while still a Cal employee, and not telling his players he was leaving) it makes him at the very least "ethically challenged".

I wish him nothing but losing seasons and poor recruiting classes in Seattle.

One important fact being overlooked.......
    If Tedford is such a good coach, why all the possible defections from potential recruits?
    If USC lost an assistant under Carroll, would recruits care much? Or a Stanford assistant under Harbaugh? The head coach generally IS the program in college. So why does Tedford command so little respect now? I know, I know, Tosh was a great recruiter and related well with the kids. But, for crying out loud, he was only the defensive line coach.....and immediately Shaq is wavering??? If we had a guy like
    Harbaugh at the helm now, we'd be saying, "Tosh leaving? Too bad, but hey,
    whatever, let's replace him and move one...." It's a big deal here for one main reason---Tedford has lost respect in many ways---his reputation as a quarterback guru has taken a beating (don't think new facilities will help here as not too many QBs are chomping at the bit to hit the new weightroom!); our offense has become stagnant, boring, and predictable; blowout losses now are common every year (none in his first several seasons), etc., etc. Don't get me wrong, maybe Tedford could have done better in this situation, maybe not---certainly Tosh "Benedict Arnold" Lupoi will live in infamy in Cal folklore over his lying to recruits and subsequent poaching. But it makes no sense that one departing assistant coach should have such a huge effect on our program.
    Last edited by CalBarn; 01-17-2012 at 11:24 PM.

If the 2010 Oregon thing really bothered Tosh that much, he could have left to coach with Wilcox at Tenn after the 2010 season when Wilcox came calling. Tenn probably could have easily beaten what Cal was paying.

Quote Originally Posted by bear1027 View Post
    If the 2010 Oregon thing really bothered Tosh that much, he could have left to coach with Wilcox at Tenn after the 2010 season when Wilcox came calling. Tenn probably could have easily beaten what Cal was paying.
    Tedford offered 300k. UW offered 550k x 3. Another way to look at it UW offered him a million bucks to blow up #calgang . It remains to be seen how the recruits outside of his position settle. The DL guys are most likely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBarn View Post
    One important fact being overlooked.......
    If Tedford is such a good coach, why all the possible defections from potential recruits?
    If USC lost an assistant under Carroll, would recruits care much? Or a Stanford assistant under Harbaugh? The head coach generally IS the program in college. So why does Tedford command so little respect now? I know, I know, Tosh was a great recruiter and related well with the kids. But, for crying out loud, he was only the defensive line coach.....and immediately Shaq is wavering??? If we had a guy like
    Harbaugh at the helm now, we'd be saying, "Tosh leaving? Too bad, but hey,
    whatever, let's replace him and move one...." It's a big deal here for one main reason---Tedford has lost respect in many ways---his reputation as a quarterback guru has taken a beating (don't think new facilities will help here as not to many QBs are chomping at the bit to hit the new weightroom!); our offense has become stagnant, boring, and predictable; blowout losses now are common every year (none in his first several seasons), etc., etc. Don't get me wrong, maybe Tedford could have done better in this situation, maybe not---certainly Tosh "Benedict Arnold" Lupoi will live in infamy in Cal folklore over his lying to recruits and subsequent poaching. But it makes no sense that one departing assistant coach should have such a huge effect on our program.
    Actually I don't think it is that uncommon for a player to reconsider their commitment to a school when a coach leaves. Frankly, I think if Tedford can find a couple of good replacements on his staff we will see many of the recruits reconsolidate around their commitment to Cal. What is concerning to me is that at this point in the year most of the really good replacements have been picked over by all the 5 win teams who fired their coach the week after Thanksgiving. As much as Nickerson or some other blue minted alum might sound good to the fan base, I think Tedford needs to find a coach with some name brand appeal that replaces the perceived 1st round DL to the NFL thing that Tosh had.