Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Howard: New DL coach

Just heard via the basketball game stream. Don't know much about this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBear323 View Post
    Boom.
    May be solid (I don't know much about him), but definitely isn't a sexy pick.
    Last edited by grrrrah; 01-21-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Poor Washington State. Lol

Read the article. basically back when Ucla had a good dline a few years ago he was the coach. Good hire IMO.
    Last edited by OldBlue1999; 01-21-2012 at 04:29 PM.

My thoughts

Hope he has a relationship with Shittu, Armstead, and/or McCarthy... Otherwise I don't see the appeal.

Also, according to Rivals he was the lead recruiter for Datone Jones, Brian Price, and Owa.

Welcome aboard Coach Howard and best of luck to you!

Go Bears!

Just went from being a young coaching staff to one of the oldest. Could be good, could be bad. Who knows.

Read it. I think we were all looking for some sizzle to help us feel better about our recruiting efforts. That being said I hope he's a kick-ass coach and I do welcome him to the Bear family.

I guess we'll find out

but 20 years at a bunch of places, hmmm, sounds like someone else Tedford recently hired. I thought the Wes Chandler hire signaled a new direction but this hire sure looks like the same old safe Tedford. I did like the way UCLA's d-line played a few years ago though so maybe there is hope.

I'd hold off on the WSU pity

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBear323 View Post
    Poor Washington State. Lol
    Leach will have them scoring so many points they may not need a d-line.

Quote Originally Posted by alarsuel View Post
    My thoughts

Hope he has a relationship with Shittu, Armstead, and/or McCarthy... Otherwise I don't see the appeal.
    Might be a great coach who pays dividends once the season starts, but I agree that we're all focused on this recruiting class.

Quote Originally Posted by berk18 View Post
    Also, according to Rivals he was the lead recruiter for Datone Jones, Brian Price, and Owa.
    This, more than anything else, makes me hopeful about this hire.