Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a thought.. But

Quote Originally Posted by E_CULB View Post
    WOW Really!! For the record I never gave a name I just said I believe the the award will roll through Berkeley. And I do believe this is the Cal Bears message board why would I come on here and discuss players from else where? That's tantamount to me coming on here and given constant updates of how my sister is doing at SDSU. I made an observation I'll stick with it the second half of the season will prove one of us right. But i'll end it here because for some reason I think I'm talking to a kid.
    The second half of the season might very well prove you right. As for me I never made a prediction. My post was less in response to your choice as it was to you comment about the media being lazy and making choices with out taking the effort to get the information to make the correct choice. M point was that you were the Pot calling the Kettle black. You yourself appeared to have very little information of your choices competion from other teams and yet still considered them as locks.

As to why one would discuss other players from other teams on a Cal site? Why do posters discuss other teams when they especially when they play Cal? Thats right they are the competition. And in this case Davis/Gibson are Boyd/Grays competition. It's about comparison and contrast. That's what reasonable people do. I am surprised you would ask such an obvious question. It's such a simple concept and the fact you don't seem to grasp the concept proves the only point of my post. You were being Bay Centric.

I know you didn't give me a name. I only used Boyd because to me she seemed the most probable of the two at this time, and as many have stated is closing and has momentum. I never claimed she or any of the other players would or couldn't win, only that it is rediculous at this point to think anyone is a lock. I only used Gibson as an example rather than Davis because I know more about her. As to my sounding like a kid, after the statement you made which I bolded you really can't talk.

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    ..can you not be so condescending about your disagreement. ECULB is offering his opinion ..just like you. We know you follow SMS closely and ECULB is tied to Berkeley but there is no reason to attack him personally.
    I have always found you to be a reasonable and informed poster. So I don't think the point of my post was clear to you. I believe that a person can reach the right conlusion but for the wrong reason. If that is so are they really right? It was his statement about the media that actually impelled my response. I realize now I didn't make that clear rather I allowed myself to be distracted by detail.

Now I would like to clearify something with you. This is the second time you implied that one of my posts was impelled because I followed SMS. Now my following of the team does suppy me with information that I use to inform or correct with. My use of Gibson as an example in this instant, was used purely in that context and not to promote her for the Award. To do so in my eyes would be very immature, puerile and somewhat Jr High. The fact that you would project such an intent upon me is only another validation of the homer additude prevalant on this site. It is so commonplace that you expect it where it is not. That was the main point of my post. As to my attack being personal. I don't know him. My attack was directed at the principle of homerism of which I felt his post was an example. It wasn't personal. In fact there are a lot of people on this site who are guilty of the same additude so they might just think I am also attacking them. Now you rebuked my additude of condecension. Do I take that as a personal attack? No!

I don't think a lot of people here recognize how they appear to others. I mean we all have favorites be they teams or players but lets at least try to maintain a sense of prespective and strive for some objectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBint View Post
    (who picks the ROY, the coaches or the media?), and I'd like to be reminded of the answer as well, since I just discovered that the Pac-12 site is not going to cough up this information easily.

I still say Scott Rueck for COY, unless Cal wins all their remaining games, plus the tournament.
    It's the coaches that pick the winners and you are not allowed to vote for anyone on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by willtalk View Post
    The second half of the season might very well prove you right. As for me I never made a prediction. My post was less in response to your choice as it was to you comment about the media being lazy and making choices with out taking the effort to get the information to make the correct choice. M point was that you were the Pot calling the Kettle black. You yourself appeared to have very little information of your choices competion from other teams and yet still considered them as locks.

As to why one would discuss other players from other teams on a Cal site? Why do posters discuss other teams when they especially when they play Cal? Thats right they are the competition. And in this case Davis/Gibson are Boyd/Grays competition. It's about comparison and contrast. That's what reasonable people do. I am surprised you would ask such an obvious question. It's such a simple concept and the fact you don't seem to grasp the concept proves the only point of my post. You were being Bay Centric.

I know you didn't give me a name. I only used Boyd because to me she seemed the most probable of the two at this time, and as many have stated is closing and has momentum. I never claimed she or any of the other players would or couldn't win, only that it is rediculous at this point to think anyone is a lock. I only used Gibson as an example rather than Davis because I know more about her. As to my sounding like a kid, after the statement you made which I bolded you really can't talk.

You don't know who or what I follow, all you know is I stated i think the FOY is coming through Berkeley. If you were enraged by my media comment you would have stated so in you original post but you didn't because you were upset I didn't recognize Ali Gibson. Fact is you can call me a homer, say I'm Bay Centric or whatever but this one thing I know barring injury you will be calling me right and your rant will seem even more pointless than it does now.

Davis scored 26 and 22 points respectively this past week. Right now I would put her

What do you think.

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    What do you think.
    Davis was only 6 for 17 in that second game, and it was a loss for UW. So Brittany still has a chance if she can put together two games, under control, in which we win. But it will take a very big turnaround for her from that USC game.

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    What do you think.
    Good chance I think she is 2nd in the entire conference is scoring. I've seen were she's had some big scoring games and has the green light it appears. But as stated above she's allowed to shoot the rock without hesitation.
    Last edited by E_CULB; 02-13-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Basketball Jazmine Davis is 4th in the conference in scoring (16+ ppg)

plus fourth in three-pointers made (45). Ali Gibson & Brittany Boyd are well qualified so it should be an interesting finish. GO BEARS!

____________________________________________________________ ____
    Quote Originally Posted by E_CULB View Post
    Good chance I think she is 2nd in the entire conference is scoring. I've seen were she's had some big scoring games and has the green light it appears. But as stated above she's allowed to shoot the rock without hesitation.