Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is Drunkoski toast?

Fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by CALigulabob View Post
    Hmmm interesting...

Hatred for JT....check
    Gone around same time....check
    Loves tosh....check

Did drunkoski ever brag about madden? If so then its looking quite suspicious
    a lot of people liked Tosh before he left in such an unethical manner. And while I may not be a JT hater, I do acknowledge he has his haters here and elsewhere. I don't think DO was Tosh, because he did not possess the inside info level that a coach would have, and on occasion, made incorrect assumptions or assertions. All that said, DO often had it "right", and I thought he was an engaging poster even though he could be brusque at times. Does anyone actually know his real story?

Quote Originally Posted by BeachyBear View Post
    The board desperately needs to detoxify. Don't ask where the poison went, just be glad it's gone.
    Agreed.

He may have been a curmudgeon, but I did enjoy his "Pick the Pac12 winners" each week during the season. I was willing to pinch hit for him during his time out and if he's not back in the Fall will try to do it again.

he'll be back..

He's my antithesis..I think as much positively about JT as he is negative..I fail to see a reason why he should leave this board. Since he is so informed, it is hard to counter some of his more "logical" arguments..but on the other hand, he just comes off as bitter-hateful most of the time. Miss him? No..but my only complaint would be his hijacking of just about any thread with his hate for JT.
    We need Cal fans and he is certainly one!

Quote Originally Posted by UrsusTexicanus View Post
    He may have been a curmudgeon, but I did enjoy his "Pick the Pac12 winners" each week during the season. I was willing to pinch hit for him during his time out and if he's not back in the Fall will try to do it again.
    "curmudgeon" is the nicest way to say it

Does anyone care?

Access is better than ownership!

Don't flatter him.

Quote Originally Posted by 72CalBear View Post
    He's my antithesis..I think as much positively about JT as he is negative..I fail to see a reason why he should leave this board. Since he is so informed, it is hard to counter some of his more "logical" arguments..but on the other hand, he just comes off as bitter-hateful most of the time. Miss him? No..but my only complaint would be his hijacking of just about any thread with his hate for JT.
    DO was prone to over-simplification and over-generalization. I'm not sure he wasn't a troll. I'm not sure he was a Cal fan.

Quote Originally Posted by 72CalBear View Post
    Yeah, he's going to pout for a few more weeks, then he'll be back to his usual 75 BI posts/day regimen.

Wow...four pages and counting.

Little did I know with my innocent little post.

Drunksanity lives.

FingeroftheBear
    ^^^ I'd call it a drunken stupor rather than drunksanity.

Hate to say it, but DO's presence on the board led to a lot of it being hijacked by page-long threads that were about nothing but DO's war with some other poster.

I would constantly SMH over how something as trivial as, say, the stats of Cal running backs in the 90s could lead to such bitter debates between grown adults. Seriously, does it matter that much? And don't even compare it to bar-room debates in real life over the same kind of stuff. Those are fun. These aren't.

I thought this board was supposed to be about burritos and Cal football, not who's winning the un-civil war between posters?

Whatever. Glad that's over (or at least somewhat reduced).

Quote Originally Posted by 510Bear View Post
    Hate to say it, but DO's presence on the board led to a lot of it being hijacked by page-long threads that were about nothing but DO's war with some other poster.

I would constantly SMH over how something as trivial as, say, the stats of Cal running backs in the 90s could lead to such bitter debates between grown adults. Seriously, does it matter that much? And don't even compare it to bar-room debates in real life over the same kind of stuff. Those are fun. These aren't.
    Yeah, if you wanted to say what DO's biggest problem was, it was this:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...ssrebutter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by 510Bear View Post

I thought this board was supposed to be about burritos and Cal football, not who's winning the un-civil war between posters?
    Did someone say burritos? I really like Cancun Taqueria in SF. Their tortillas are slightly crispy. Ole Ole isn't bad, but I think they're way too goopy. Their roasted pork is good though.

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizzBear View Post
    Did someone say burritos? I really like Cancun Taqueria in SF.
    YES. The one on Mission & 19th makes the best ones.

no bear
    Quote Originally Posted by AunBear89 View Post
    Originally Posted by SonofBlue
    DO did have good points <snip>
    Link?

Remember the one about how BI needed him because he brought traffic and advertising dollars?