Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 58 of 58

Thread: "Boulder, the Berkeley of the Rockies" - Official Game Thread

  1. #46
    What a horrible effort by the bears today. No excuses this late in the season to play so poorly in every aspect of the game.

  2. #47
    CalBeast
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    Defensively we have been good for 30 seconds out of 35 and then break down.
    More like we've been good 30 seconds in this entire game.

  3. #48
    cal4life
    Guest
    Totally outplayed. They need to beat Furd.

  4. #49
    CalBeast
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants92388 View Post
    Mike Montgomery not even on Reggie Theus' list of potential coaches of the year?
    After today's game, if he had been on any lists, he should be taken off of them all.

  5. #50
    Well we did have it down to 5 and had the ball. Oh well.

  6. #51
    Is Jorge even 100%? He looks out of sync on both sides of court today.

  7. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by CalBeast View Post
    After today's game, if he had been on any lists, he should be taken off of them all.
    I do agree with that. Really unexplainable that he didn't adjust to the way they were attacking us with the pick and roll. Crappage.

  8. #53
    CalBeast
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    I do agree with that. Really unexplainable that he didn't adjust to the way they were attacking us with the pick and roll. Crappage.
    I think Altman or Boyle probably deserved it anyway for getting as much out of their teams as they did, but if we'd won the conference title, there was a good argument for Monty taking a shallow squad that far. Not now though.

  9. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkybear View Post
    What a horrible effort by the bears today. No excuses this late in the season to play so poorly in every aspect of the game.
    +1

    i think this is the kinda thing the selection committee points to when shafting us on seeding.

  10. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by RussBear View Post
    +1

    i think this is the kinda thing the selection committee points to when shafting us on seeding.
    Seems to happen every year. Right at the end we lay an egg someplace. Probably why there is still a gap to close before we can say this is a top 30 program. Close but you can't lose games like this (and this way)

  11. #56
    Just got home from the game and Cal looked really sluggish out there. 4 days at altitude is worse than being there for 24 hours in terms of athletic performance. You either want to get to altitude 48 hours or less beforehand or you want at least a week. Also it should be noted that while SLC is not at sea level, the effects of altitude really don't kick in until you get to about 4900 feet and SLC is at about 4400 I believe.

  12. #57
    Golden Bear CalBear68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill, California
    Posts
    5,760
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalbuff View Post
    Just got home from the game and Cal looked really sluggish out there. 4 days at altitude is worse than being there for 24 hours in terms of athletic performance. You either want to get to altitude 48 hours or less beforehand or you want at least a week. Also it should be noted that while SLC is not at sea level, the effects of altitude really don't kick in until you get to about 4900 feet and SLC is at about 4400 I believe.
    So true -- when I go to Tahoe and run, the first day is fine, but after that, I am gasping for air a lot earlier.
    Nice guys finish lunch.
    ... Douglas Kenney (1947-1980)

  13. #58
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,989
    Quote Originally Posted by CalBear68 View Post
    So true -- when I go to Tahoe and run, the first day is fine, but after that, I am gasping for air a lot earlier.
    Note to self: request roadie @CU on Thursday next season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •