Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: That was an embarassment

That was an embarrassment

Almost no one showed up for that game. No heart, no hustle, soft play, dumb play, lack of confidence. Jorge's worst game of his career. Out-coached.

I think you can kiss that regular season championship goodbye.
    Last edited by bluesaxe; 02-27-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesaxe View Post
    Almost no one showed up for that game. No heart, no hustle, soft play, dumb play, lack of confidence. Jorge's worst game of his career. Out-coached.

I think you can kiss that regular season championship goodbye.
    Monty did the most with what he had. You can only cover up for Thurman and Smith for so long while starting a skinny big frosh 35 minutes. No Solomon hurts too much.

True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Chelsea Drugstore, standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
    Quote Originally Posted by LessMilesMoreTedford View Post
    Monty did the most with what he had. You can only cover up for Thurman and Smith for so long while starting a skinny big frosh 35 minutes. No Solomon hurts too much.
    The absence of Solomon created a major dent. That is not debatable.

Even with Solomon we don't win with our best player having such a bad night. Love Jorge but today
    He had nothing -- not sure why

Jorge's effort today may have cost him Pac-12 POY.

no need to panic

no doubt it was a bad loss considering what was at stake, but no need for a meltdown. We need to beat Stanford.
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post
    no doubt it was a bad loss considering what was at stake, but no need for a meltdown. We need to beat Stanford.
    It's not panic, it just is reality. This team has never shown up with less effort. That's not a good sign.

I just hope Jorge was sick or something. It's definitely good we have a week before the next game, but depending on UCLA to beat Washington doesn't make me optimistic.

Cover up for who?

Thurman? What are you talking about? Let's not start with the Thurman bashing again. Without his contributions this year, we wouldn't even be in the Pac 12 championship conversation

Thurman is Jamieson #2. Remember him? Can't jump and is statuesque on D. Enough said. When we have a bench of Smith and Thurman you get what we got tonight. I think Smith should not be playing because he is showing the effects of his concussion earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mcd59 View Post
    Thurman is Jamieson #2. Remember him? Can't jump and is statuesque on D. Enough said. When we have a bench of Smith and Thurman you get what we got tonight. I think Smith should not be playing because he is showing the effects of his concussion earlier in the season.
    Agreed. Robert should be the 4th guy in a 4 man front line rotation. Brandon isn't really a pac-12 caliber point guard. Been the challenge all year.

In a Four-Man Rotation of...

You're speaking of him in a rotation with Griffin, Howard, and Bynum?

Honestly, I thought it was going to be tough to get this one. Teams usually come out angry after a bad loss like Colorado had. Plus, it was their senior day. Those guys didn't want to lose this one. The same is going to be the case at Furd next week. Not saying we are going to see the same result, but make no mistake, it is going to be a war.

Who?

Sorry, can't make the connection to your the reference. Must have been someone who didn't play much. Thurman can't jump -- who's leading the team in dunks in about a quarter of the minutes played? In any case, both of your comments are not only inaccurate, but, insulting toward a player who was counted on for nothing and helped put us in the championship conversation.

By the edge where the trees meet the sea.
    Why did this happen? What does Coach Monty say? Is there an issue?
    "You ain't got nothing if you ain't got swagger." __

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    Honestly, I thought it was going to be tough to get this one. Teams usually come out angry after a bad loss like Colorado had. Plus, it was their senior day. Those guys didn't want to lose this one. The same is going to be the case at Furd next week. Not saying we are going to see the same result, but make no mistake, it is going to be a war.
    Plus we struggled hard to get the W at Haas - they gave us fits. I predicted the minute after we won the game that we would probably lose at Boulder.

For Furd, it will help if 1/3 of Maples is made up of Cal fans. That would kind of be deflating on senior day.