Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That was an embarassment

I'm not sure anything could have been done in-game that would have made much of a difference. It was one of those days. Senior night, fired up crowd, coming off a blowout, altitude, a GREAT team at home, etc... The furd game for the buffs was completely out of the ordinary. The buffs normally play very well at home. They are a good team who shot really well. This isn't Utah. What? They beat the furd? Winning must be hard on the road...

Quote Originally Posted by tobb View Post
    Maybe a dull axe, if you call 2 mins playing a man you are the fool!
    So I said six my point was only five players over 20 mins.
    And of the extra two there was only 4 points for 30 mins play.
    Monty just doesn't use his bench effectively end of story.
    Same thing last year!
    Hey, I'm not the one who is unable to actually articulate the point he's trying to make. Throwing around insults like "fool" when you can barely manage a complete sentence isn't going to make you seem smarter to the rest of the world.

It's called common sense and precedent. Add to that the fact that we'll likely be out of the race by Sunday due to probable Washington victories against USC and UCLA, and it adds up to a poor Cal fan attendance at Maples.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden One View Post
    It's called common sense and precedent. Add to that the fact that we'll likely be out of the race by Sunday due to probable Washington victories against USC and UCLA, and it adds up to a poor Cal fan attendance at Maples.
    OK we'll see about that. Could be true. But I have more faith that we will have more than 300 (which if everyone sat together could raise a stink pretty good in the first place). Remember, your predictions are a bit negatively exaggerated and sometimes, at least once, quite ridiculous -- e.g. your prediction of 0 conference wins in football.

[QUOTE=mcd59;715732]Thurman is Jamieson #2. Remember him? Can't jump...[QUOTE]
    Huh? Thurman can't jump?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zws6TJuWbIk

[QUOTE=Civil Bear;715986][QUOTE=mcd59;715732]Thurman is Jamieson #2. Remember him? Can't jump...Thurman was one of the few players doing his job on Sunday. At least on offense.

Look at Washington's road record the past 2 years or so. Saying that their next two road games are "probable" wins ignores reality.

"Look at Washington's road record the past 2 years or so. Saying that their next two road games are "probable" wins ignores reality."

Ignoring reality is expecting us to beat Stanfurd at their place on senior day. Washington is riding high right now; that's the reality of the situation. Unless they totally tank like we did against Colorado, they're in.

Anyway, we'll soon know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesaxe View Post
    Almost no one showed up for that game. No heart, no hustle, soft play, dumb play, lack of confidence. Jorge's worst game of his career. Out-coached.

I think you can kiss that regular season championship goodbye.
    I thought we just looked tired. I mean we only have a seven man rotation, maybe it's catching up to us?...

Go Bears!

[QUOTE=Civil Bear;715986][QUOTE=mcd59;715732]Thurman is Jamieson #2. Remember him? Can't jump...Do you honestly think those are monster dunks from a guy who is 6'10"? Seriously?

I hate to show a Dawg clip but THIS is a monster dunk and which illustrate the gap in athleticism. I didn't spend more than 3 minutes looking, I am sure there are better ones you could find,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUjhS...eature=related

Washington lost by 25 at Oregon

The Potential Co Champs got blown out. We were in the Colorado game even though Jorge was not.Bad games happen. We will play better Sunday.

I'm going with a group of 50-60 cal fans. that's my group alone. cal also sold out their allotment of tickets. plus cal band. plus random cal fans going to the game. I'll bet you anything you'd like that there will be more than 300 cal fans at the game.

"Look at Washington's road record the past 2 years or so. Saying that their next two road games are "probable" wins ignores reality."

Ignoring reality is expecting us to beat Stanfurd at their place on senior day. Washington is riding high right now; that's the reality of the situation. Unless they totally tank like we did against Colorado, they're in.

Anyway, we'll soon know the answer.
    Again, go back over washington's results over the last 2 or 3 years. You will see that they have tanked many times on the road, even when they had won a few games heading into those road games.

Your feelings are hurt because the Bears lost and now you are throwing a tantrum.

I never thought we would win this game.

The altitude plus the second game of the trip plus the way Boyle coaches plus the athleticism of their bigs.

However, I also never expected Washington to go 15-3, which is what they'll be if they sweep in LA. I expected Lorenzo to coach them to at least one boneheaded loss in the second half. That hasn't happened, because the talent of his players is overcoming his lack of Xs and Os ability. Our best hope is that UCLA comes out fired up and gets Washington down, and they panic. Reality is that if Washington can win the last two, they deserve to win the title. As it turns out, only playing them the one game turned out to be a disadvantage for us, as opposed to having the chance to hang two losses on them.

Quote Originally Posted by oskidunker View Post
    The Potential Co Champs got blown out. We were in the Colorado game even though Jorge was not.Bad games happen. We will play better Sunday.
    Good point about UW @ Oregon. Stuff will happen. Esp. in the home/road split. We just happened to have one more bad game on the road than UW did. Hopefully they will get theirs on Saturday.