Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I hearing this right????? from BRO

Am I hearing this right????? from BRO

chances are good to make a run.

UCLA can do that by beating Washington, putting Cal back up to the 1 seed, and UCLA keeping the 6 seed. Bad as this season has been, this team can beat anyone in the Pac 12 in LA, except probably Cal.

Re: Why would you except Cal?

We have proved that we're pretty shaky on the road and, last time I checked, the Pac 12 tourney isn't in Berkeley.
    Access is better than ownership!

True Blue Golden Bear BeachyBear's Avatar
    I don't know if it matters much at this point if Cal is a 1 or 2 seed in the Pac 12 tourney. Beat Furd, at least 1 win in the tourney, we get the chance to get the snot beaten out of us in the NCAA tourney.

Cal hasn't beaten anyone even halfway decent this season and that certainly won't change if we get into the dance. Not sure why anyone cares at this point.

Do You Enjoy Grumbling?

Quote Originally Posted by BeachyBear View Post
    Cal hasn't beaten anyone even halfway decent this season and that certainly won't change if we get into the dance. Not sure why anyone cares at this point.
    And whose loss is it that you don't get it, why anyone cares?

Quote Originally Posted by south bender View Post
    And whose loss is it that you don't get it, why anyone cares?
    This is what happens when all the angry football people show up just in time for March. They feel it their mission to infect us with their stupidity.

I don't know if it matters much at this point if Cal is a 1 or 2 seed in the Pac 12 tourney. Beat Furd, at least 1 win in the tourney, we get the chance to get the snot beaten out of us in the NCAA tourney.

Dude you're pathetic. Get off this board and stop being a Cal fan. We root for Cal because we love our alma mater (or have other vested interests). We win some, we lose some but we always support our school and the kids and adults who represent it.

You're a douche bag to the highest degree and I'm ashamed you're even a supposed Cal fan posting on a Cal board.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 59bear View Post
    We have proved that we're pretty shaky on the road and, last time I checked, the Pac 12 tourney isn't in Berkeley.
    The three really good road games we have played are @UW, @Oregon and @UCLA @Sports Arena. I didn't see but I guess we played well @SDSU if they are such a good team and to have only lost by 1.

I hope UCLA does have some good motivation to beat UW.

you would think that with over 6000 posts you were a little bit excited about cal basketball

guess life just sucks for you, eyeore

go bears

Quote Originally Posted by stanfurdbites View Post
    Dude you're pathetic. Get off this board and stop being a Cal fan. We root for Cal because we love our alma mater (or have other vested interests). We win some, we lose some but we always support our school and the kids and adults who represent it.

You're a douche bag to the highest degree and I'm ashamed you're even a supposed Cal fan posting on a Cal board.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

A little empathy is in order. He's lashing out because it hurts so much. With that many posts you have to assume that he wants to like the team.

Good Point

Quote Originally Posted by Bearprof View Post
    A little empathy is in order. He's lashing out because it hurts so much. With that many posts you have to assume that he wants to like the team.
    But where is BB's for the team? These are maturing young men, not seasoned professionals. No one can really doubt that they are giving their all to win games. Is there really any justification for putting them down so?

This board had been a nice oasis away from the cesspool of bitterness, dead-horse beating, knee-jerk reactions, over-reactions, and uninformed blather that commonly occurs on Growls.

Until Cal had the 'audacity' to lose Colorado on Sunday! How dare they lose an away game to a decent team when I, the anonymous internet board poster, have my pride and sense of self-worth entirely contingent on the unrealistic expectation of Cal basketball going undefeated. I mean, I just starting watching basketball two weeks ago after all the craziness over recruiting died down, but I've posted about basketball 6 times since then. Therefore I DESERVE WINS ONLY!!! Fire everyone! Everything is an embarassment!

(Sigh...)

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    The three really good road games we have played are @UW, @Oregon and @UCLA @Sports Arena. I didn't see but I guess we played well @SDSU if they are such a good team and to have only lost by 1.

I hope UCLA does have some good motivation to beat UW.
    I wouldn't say that we played well at SDSU. It was a competitive game but we should have won it and it shouldn't have been that close.

Make sure to kick your dog this morning.