He ran a 4.74 40.
    34" vertical.
    114" broad jump.

Quote Originally Posted by SacCityBear View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...use?id=2532810

He ran a 4.74 40.
    34" vertical.
    114" broad jump.
    Thanks for the link. The report on him is pretty much what we've seen and what opposing teams have noted as well.

Doh, the 4.74 40 doesn't even put him close to the top 15 in the safety category. I was really hoping he'd run it faster since they value that number so much.

Good god, they nailed the comment about his tackling for sure.

BlueAndGold - it looks like a very accurate summary imo as well. Looked like he had a lot of potential early on, but was a big disappointment as jr and esp as a sr. I don't think it will take too much to replace our two safeties this year - they weren't a strong point of the def, unlike the middle linebackers.

no bear
    The overall analysis is right on IMO:

STRENGTHS Cattouse is a good man cover guy playing the safety position given his athletic ability, footwork, and time spent playing corner. He is good close to the line and running with tight ends. Cattouse is a decent reactor but once he makes a decision he has shown the range to run down plays and make plays on the ball. Although he struggles tackling at times, he is a tough player working within the box.

WEAKNESSES Cattouse can struggle at times to diagnose plays. Once he makes decisions, he is a good player, but he has made them late and not very often for Cal as a senior. Sean can have difficulties at times when tackling; even though he is a physical player he doesn't wrap and secure tackles enough. He is better playing in close and doesn't quite have the speed to cover a deep half of the field at the next level.
    They have him around the 5th round. That's a bit surprising to me.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    If you told me a few years ago that Chris Conte would be playing on Sundays over Sean Cattouse, I would have done a spit take. Their development arcs have widely diverged.

Quote Originally Posted by freshfunk View Post
    The overall analysis is right on IMO:
    They have him around the 5th round. That's a bit surprising to me.
    That seems to be awfully generous to me.
    What good is a safety in the NFL if he runs 4.74?
    He'll be run over by WR's and RB's, and he'll be late with "help" to a corner. He might be able to keep up with the TE.
    Last edited by TrackLife; 02-28-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    If you told me a few years ago that Chris Conte would be playing on Sundays over Sean Cattouse, I would have done a spit take. Their development arcs have widely diverged.
    But SPEED kills.
    And 4.54 crushes 4.74
    I could never figure out why our coaching staff started Cattouse as much as they did.
    He not only was a horrible tackler, but people often ran right by him... time and time again.

i remember seeing a mock draft that had him in the 1st round immediately after last years draft on walterfootball.com. will be interesting to see how him and others perform at proday. looking forward to dj campbell and dj holt.

Ben Lomond, a small town outside of Santa Cruz in the mountains
    I hope Campbell gets picked up as a free agent. He deserved to be at the combine at least as much as Cattouse.

we had another thread awhile ago, and I speculated end of 5th round, but that was with Blue and Gold glasses, and the guess that training for the Combine would get him to 4.5 and change..

ive heard he'll vertical 40+.

Anybody notice that he has long arms and big hands? Those are big factors for receivers - not sure about as a safety